BBK Cable Drive TB Linkage????

-

Johnny Mac

www.blueprintengines.com
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
So the Dyno 5.7 eagle engine has presented its next question... is anyone running a BBK cable driven TB, on the assumption that it may be easier to use this with a factory throttle pedal?

I have one mounted to the engine..and realize the dyno linkage is going to be a bear to get to work with this, so...what have ya'll done with the throttle cable routing and bracketry to make one of these work? Appears it will need mounted on a water pump bolt? and maybe a bracket mounted vertically to pull the hammer "Down" opposed to "back" toward the firewall, like on a carb.

here are images of the hammer, showing it rotates opposite a carb, and that its not possible to run a horizontal cable, due to the intake being in line.

Attachments

• bbk (1).jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 228
  • bbk (3).jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 226
  • bbk (2).jpg
    37 KB · Views: 213
Here's my cable for my FAST XFI stuff, I know it's separate side and angle, but the cable should still wrap to the rear and pull from there in my opinion.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 203
The top cable is the throttle, and the end/attachment of it is the brass circle you see, the bottom cable is for my kickdown...

I have a Mopar Performance throttle body (looks just like yours) which is made by BBK. I'll be running my throttle cable UNDER the intake manifold. Shouldn't be a problem. My car has a manual trans though, so no kick down cable.

joe, thanks for the pic, i think the bbk will require another approach. it wraps opposite of yours, and is opposite side as you point out.

CUDA SRT, did you have to fab up a 90 or 45 degree bracket to put a universal cable on? bolted to a WP or TC bolt?
i figure it's going under the intake, and once i have the timing cover and such on it i imagine it will be apparent, JW what bracket setup people had.

I don't have the BBK , but this is how my F&B throttle body is set up .
It came with the rather flimsy throttle body mounted cable bracket ( I strenghtend it up alot ) . I made some brackets to secure the cable at two locations of the fuel rail bolts , and used a long lokar cable and cut it to length .

Attachments

• 036.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 195
  • 004.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 197
It came with the rather flimsy throttle body mounted cable bracket ( I strenghtend it up alot ) . I made some brackets to secure the cable at two locations of the fuel rail bolts , and used a long lokar cable and cut it to length .

That looks pretty trick. I didn't think of making a plate bracket mounted off the top sensor screw plate. Im thinking my next one will have a 4 bbl intake with a holley 4bbl TB. Little more swap friendly....and kickdown friendly for the guys that want to run the old school trans

Looks familiar lol! Mine is a Lokar LS 36" "universal" cut to fit in black.

-
Back