Bearing dust cap part #?

-

Dustman73

Reaction score
Yesterday I was driving down the road and lost my passenger side dust cap on my 64 valiant with drum brakes.. I went to practically every parts house in the area and they dont carry it! Do you guys know the part number so I can order it online? Or are they not even being made anymore? Nothing pops up on ebay that I have seen! If any of u guys have a couple laying around I'll buy em off of u! Thanks very much :D

I looked at napa and O'Reilly already and nothing even close.. the one in the linkbis too big also..

some time ago-- members were looking for these-- the dorman / aftermarket product did not fit properly. Or it would not stay on .

I would see if I could get the dorman # & see if a local store might have it -- to test fit.
surely someone on this board has decent caps ?

Lawrence

I sure hope so! Haha the parts stores only had the ones in their HELP! section and the places that had caps in their back shelves took mine back and none were even close! Pep boys carries one with the correct diameter but it was the incorrect depth! :(

Get a caliper and measure it. Something out there has to be the same.

I went to a trailer place and their's were larger than mine as well.. the guy there at the trailer place used a caliper and could not find anything onine for me after looking for a good 10 minutes he gave up and said nobody has it.. I can't believe how hard it is to find one of these little caps..

Well if you find one or more on a pre 67 valiant with drum brakes let me know! Haha I'm gonna try the junkyard soon.. I doubt ill find anything though.. they havent had any 60s mopars in a year or so.. the closest junkyard with mopars all of the time is a 45 minute drive.. I won't have the time or gas money anytime soon for that place..

You all missed out I just sent 2 to two different members a few days ago. The 9" brakes use a specific size. But the good news is they interchange with A- bodies well into the 70's

If you had access to a caliper then it would be easier to find replacements for your caps. Many people have boxes of parts they have had for years and don't know exactly what the original application was.

Thanks for the help guys but I got lucky and found a 70s toyota corolla out at the junkyard and it had some bearing caps pretty damn close to my valiant.. I got them and grinded the outside diameter of em just a hair then polished em up.. they fit snug and look great! ;)
Maybe you can check into a toyota Back In Time!

I was thinking that you had a good excuse to go to disk brakes, big bolt pattern, ete, etc... 'Course I don't NEED much of an excuse to justify spending money! (screw the rent!!)

BC

-
Back