Bea's 62 Dodge Lancer GT

-

Bea

Dodge Damsel
Reaction score
Hey All!

It's been a long time since I've really posted anything on here, but wanted to update you on the Lancer. It's coming right along. A couple of months ago, I installed new carpet and have located/bought the chrome for the 1/4 panels (need to install) This weekend my husband & I put in a new exhaust manifold, changed a few gaskets. Today, I had some time to clean the carburator. I think I did an ok job over all...on a budget right now and really can't afford to put alot of $$$$ into her right now. Here's a pic of the manifold...I painted it (High Temp...of course : )

Now having a problem when I drive it...it's sluggish at times like it doesn't want to go into the next gear (automatic)...any suggestions?

p.s. The truck below...I know...I know...it's a Ford, but it was my Great-Great Uncle's truck and has been in a barn for ever...was lucky enough to aquire it. 1959 Ford F-100 Custom Cab...just thought I'd share.

Attachments

• Lancer%20in%20Florida.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 150
  • Manifold2 002.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 154
  • Uncle Albert's Truck 11-2-10 011_crop.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 155
  • Uncle Albert's Truck 11-2-10 020.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 161
Man thats a rare car & cool too. Does it have an aluminum /6? Also the truck likes nice and clean:)

Man thats a rare car & cool too. Does it have an aluminum /6? Also the truck likes nice and clean:)

Thanks! Yes, Aluminum 225/6..it's the best (in my eyes)...the truck is awesome, too! Really clean for 52 years old and being in a barn for atleast 40 years..can you belive that? After my Great-Great Uncle died, the truck was driven very little and parked...has 9,000 on it.

A truck being parked for 40 years and only have 9,000 miles on it WOW!!!

Yep! My Great-Great Uncle Albert bought it new and not longafter passed away. So, the truck went to his Great Nephew (who passed away about 2 years ago). He & his wife just drove it around a bit to keep it running, but it generally stayed parked in the barn.

She went to sell it & I got it...actually for my son, so it's a 4th generation truck.

-
Back