Bea's 62 Dodge Lancer GT

-

Bea

Dodge Damsel
Reaction score
Hey All!

It's been a long time since I've really posted anything on here, but wanted to update you on the Lancer. It's coming right along. A couple of months ago, I installed new carpet and have located/bought the chrome for the 1/4 panels (need to install) This weekend my husband & I put in a new exhaust manifold, changed a few gaskets. Today, I had some time to clean the carburator. I think I did an ok job over all...on a budget right now and really can't afford to put alot of $$$$ into her right now. Here's a pic of the manifold...I painted it (High Temp...of course : )

Now having a problem when I drive it...it's sluggish at times like it doesn't want to go into the next gear (automatic)...any suggestions?

p.s. The truck below...I know...I know...it's a Ford, but it was my Great-Great Uncle's truck and has been in a barn for ever...was lucky enough to aquire it. 1959 Ford F-100 Custom Cab...just thought I'd share.

Attachments

• Lancer%20in%20Florida.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 159
  • Manifold2 002.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 185
  • Uncle Albert's Truck 11-2-10 011_crop.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 183
  • Uncle Albert's Truck 11-2-10 020.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 177
Good work Bea. The engine looks great, aluminum! Did you adjust the throttle pressure to the transmission? That might effect the shift points. Stan

I love the car. The truck is cool too. A real truck doesn't get any more Tonka than that.

Good work Bea. The engine looks great, aluminum! Did you adjust the throttle pressure to the transmission? That might effect the shift points. Stan

UUmmmmm...your talking to a "Newbie" at all of this...LOL! I do have my '62 Service Manual here...but not sure what you mean...learning as I go.

Looking this up like a Mad-Woman!

I LUV my Lancer...She's so purdy! : ) Thanks for the compliment and yes, this is on heck of a Tonka!

UUmmmmm...your talking to a "Newbie" at all of this...LOL! I do have my '62 Service Manual here...but not sure what you mean...learning as I go.

Looking this up like a Mad-Woman!

Well you said you worked the intake and the carb. A torqueflite shifts based on postion of the carb lever and some other stuff. So the adjustment of the carb linkage tells the transmission how hard and when to shift. If it thinks, based on the linkage, that you are really accelerating hard, the trans will stay in the lower gear. If you take the linkage off to the transmission, it will shift into 3rd gear very fast, not normal. Too much pressure and it stays in each gear longer. See what I am saying? (no, but I heard you). Stan

Well you said you worked the intake and the carb. A torqueflite shifts based on postion of the carb lever and some other stuff. So the adjustment of the carb linkage tells the transmission how hard and when to shift. If it thinks, based on the linkage, that you are really accelerating hard, the trans will stay in the lower gear. If you take the linkage off to the transmission, it will shift into 3rd gear very fast, not normal. Too much pressure and it stays in each gear longer. See what I am saying? (no, but I heard you). Stan

Actually...I get it now! Thanks for your advice...It's all coming full circle in my mind with the issues I went through today. Thanks Again!

Bea, that's a real nice lookin little car. I am green with envy. What a creampuff.

If anyone is interested there is one for sale on ksl classifieds for 1300.00 just go to non running cars

-
Back