beatin' the dead horse again

-

66dartman

Reaction score
does anyone have a picture of a V-8 steering link on an early A? Pan is hitting pretty good on the /6 link, and I don't think I have ever seen a V-8 early A link. Even some under body pics would be great, I will shim the engine up and dent the pan for now. Thanks in advance!

66dartman said:
does anyone have a picture of a V-8 steering link on an early A? Pan is hitting pretty good on the /6 link, and I don't think I have ever seen a V-8 early A link. Even some under body pics would be great, I will shim the engine up and dent the pan for now. Thanks in advance!
i THINK the v8 link drops down about 2 1/2". can get you a pic this weekend if you need

as soon as my batteries recharge I will snap some off a 68 cuda w/ v8 if that will help

Thanks guys, I bought one on ebay and it is too wide; my tie rods had to be adjusted all the way in just to install it and then the pitman arm hit the left torsion bar on turns. Must be for a later model car? Anyhow, I have heard I don't need a dropped center link for my 360 but the pan hits pretty good.

I use the drop center on my 66... it was my bad tranny mount that made it hit the pan

the early a bodies v-8 centerlink is shorter than the later ones.....I made the same mistake putting my 63 together. bought a v-8 centerlink from a 72 dart and had to run my tie rods in to make it work. Found a brand new nos 63-66 on ebay and sized them up, sure enough they are different lengths. I can't remember where the extra length is added though.

Heerz a shot ov my 66 Wagon wit 318...I used tha 6 cyl steer'in, but I built my own motor mounts!!

66wagon6.jpg

Just from looking the link is about three inches wider. The extra length comes after the pitman/idler holes. In other words the tie rod holes are about a 1 1/2 farther out. I wonder if you had shorter adjuster sleeves if you could use the later link. O and the spiderwebs on my car make it more aerodynamic and stuff.

center link.jpg

center link (1).jpg

center link (3).jpg

center link (4).jpg

Here is a pic from above (not the greatest but it might help)

00027.jpg

Hey Bogie, where you at in Queens???? I'm in Bayside.

Bogie said:
Ozone Park

Cool... I used to frequent The Model Shop all the time on 104 St. I also own a house in Queens Village on 214 Pl. That's where the Barracuda lives it's tormented exsistence....

We gotta get together sometime, we're practically neighbors! 8)

-
Back