Bedliner for interior floor

-

RDJ

Reaction score
I was going to paint my interior floor and put some kind of sound deadener in there. A friend of mine suggested I look into the roll on bedliner stuff. Seems to make sense. It is waterproof (?) and is rubberized so it seems it would work as a sound deadener also. Has anybody used this before?

I sprayed all of the inside tub of my Jeep when I restored it and recently my son's tow truck, it looks good for those applications. Waterproof would be a yes but rubberized is kind of misleading, it's as hard as stone so as far as reducing noise I kind of doubt it.

Yes I used it on the floor of my Dart just a few weeks ago. I used DupliColor brand. Doing just the floor I used a full quart. I brushed the corners with a cheap brush and rolled the large with a small 4" roller. Be careful because it can be messy and the only thing that will remove it acetone and nothing will remove it after it drys. I am very happy with the results but I think it would take 2 quarts to see a sound deadening effect. If you need any advice on it just shoot a pm. I have done my car, my dads Willys, and two truck beds for friends.

I've only sprayed it but prep should be the same. You prep like you would for paint, clean, de-grease, sand or scuff for a bit of tooth, de-grease again and go at it. Like most everything it isn't something you want to breath especially if you spray it so a good respirator is a must. Safety first kids. Price varies by product and location I would think, I don't remember, $40 - $50 a quart :dontknow:

-
Back