beefy front end?

-

dusterboyy440

Reaction score
Wat can i do to beef up the front end in my 70 440 duster?? i believe all the rods/links or whatever are stock when it had a 6 cylinder in it..any decent aftermarket companys?

Why do you need to beef it up other than maybe larger torsion bars depending on what you've got now and of course disc brakes.

Terry

If you havn't already and you drive it on the street, I would get better torsion bars, also would upgrade to the 11 3/4 inch disk brakes (at the very least get some 10 5/8 discs from a 73 or newer A body, and yes, you can use C body tie rod ends although I don't recall if your supposed to use the adjusting sleeve from a C body or if you stick with the A body sleeve. I am pretty sure you stay with the A body adjusting sleeve though, if I recall correctly they are the same but the C body adjusters might be longer. I will scrounge round and see if I can find the article I read about that swap in.

What's the car mainly used for? At the track, you might find that it'll hook better and transition smoother with the /6 t-bars and some good adjustable front shocks.

With the 440 in your A-body I would install the .89 torsion bars, unless the car will only be used for drag racing. A lot of people sell upgraded torsion bars so shop around. There is a lower control arm strengthening plate that would help as well. They`re sold by Mancini Racing and are a simple weld on (about $25.00). The tie rod sleeves could be replaced with a solid tube sleeve and jamb nuts. Year One carries them (about $55.00). A set of HD shocks would round out things and if you don`t have disc brakes, you should get some as mentioned earlier. HTH.

Thanks alot i appreciate the help! im still learning lol but yea the car will be for only drag racing

-
Back