Beeker Hood On A 69 Barracuda

-

Topless69

Reaction score
I read somewhere that beeker hoods also fit 69 Barracudas. If so, which year/model? And do they fit perfect or do they need mods to fit right?

It’s the same hood but I think the latches might be different. I bolted one within the hood scoop on my brothers 68’ but the 68’ nose is flat so it was noticeable to us but in primer it took other people a while to notice the lump.

If your talking about the 73 dart sport hoods they are the same the only diff is how you adjust them in the 69 hoods the adjustment is in the hoods on the 73 year hoods the adjustment is in the hinges Ive got lucky & had ones that aligned up & ive have had ones that didnt that is putting the 73 year hood on 69 barracuda

The 69 hood has floating plates in the hood and round holes in the hinges for adjusting. The 73-76 hood has fixed inserts in the hood and slotted holes on the hinges for adjusting. I ran one for years. No problem getting it adjusted.

It’s the same hood but I think the latches might be different. I bolted one within the hood scoop on my brothers 68’ but the 68’ nose is flat so it was noticeable to us but in primer it took other people a while to notice the lump.
Yeah, I like the flat nose better. I wanted to put it on my front end, but my brothers and friends gave me holy hell saying I can’t cause “it’s a ‘69!”
It’s kind of a pain dealing with the bump on the hood and header.

Ma mopar fell asleep when designing the 69 hood. 67/8 hoods were way better due to having inserts. And yes I've owned both. Also I think there are crumple zones on 73 hoods.
67 hood

Resized_20180610_195320_6170.jpeg

I was told that you just need to use the Dart hinges with the Dart hood on a '69.
You can also use a Dart Lite hood, which is about 15 lbs lighter due to the aluminum bracing underneath. But then you have to find the right springs. I have both, standard & Lite. But I don't know how close the "Twilight Zone" is to Florida. Shipping is expensive & risky.

....but my brothers and friends gave me holy hell saying I can’t cause “it’s a ‘69!”
I had a '67 set on mine till I found a '69....
upload_2022-2-19_14-48-53.png

Ma mopar fell asleep when designing the 69 hood. 67/8 hoods were way better due to having inserts.....
Lol, A beak hood is a little tougher than a flat hood to attach a six pack scoop to. But the inserts on the earlier would surely make it a bit more challenging.:D
upload_2022-2-19_14-36-26.png

I ended up taking 3 or 4 hoods to the scrap bin. I was contemplating doing an insert mod on a 69, but I'm horrific at welding lol.
I had a '67 set on mine till I found a '69....
View attachment 1715873621

Lol, A beak hood is a little tougher than a flat hood to attach a six pack scoop to. But the inserts on the earlier would surely make it a bit more challenging.:D
View attachment 1715873600

Thanks Steve.
That '69 looks like it needs some hinge section repair. If I had time and mean I think I'd take ya' up on it. I'm strapped with the daughter's wedding coming up and other (med) issues. Don't feel the need to hold it for me.

'73-'74 Dart Sport scoop is contoured correctly. But there is also a flat version that was used on the '72 demon....if you like that style.

Yeah I always liked the hood inserts on the flatnose. If I had a 67-68 I’d find an extra hood and make the inserts functional.

No they're long gone Dave unfortunately that ad is 12 years ago.
Congrats on the daughters wedding!
Positive thoughts thoughts with the med issues bud!
Thanks Steve.
That '69 looks like it needs some hinge section repair. If I had time and mean I think I'd take ya' up on it. I'm strapped with the daughter's wedding coming up and other (med) issues. Don't feel the need to hold it for me.

-
Back