Been out of teh loop for a while

-
Reaction score
but finally am getting back into my Cuda to try to finish it;
Marriage and kids forced a hiatus from Mopars for a while and even had to sell my 69 Roadrunner 6 pack car :(
Managed to hang onto my 1965 Cuda--in a nutshell here it is
1965 Formula-s Barracuda. 65,000 orig miles on car.Front to back "end-all paint job" with perfect computer matched colors that I obtained from Chrysler historical office (EE-1 poly blue metallic, and shark pearl white formula-s stripe).Body is straighter "than a string" and has PPG's lifetime primer rust
protection.Engine: 340 "flawless" (-2) block .030 over on bore, with all the inner block oiling mods, and correct machining (done by Don Dixon, aka. digger Don)Machining and blueprinting was several thousand by itself! A Keith Black
3.46 stroker crank, in 7340 billet, with full fillets for strength. 355 rods
from Chryco's old Nascar days, that have been given the MAX treatments (polishing, beam relief, nitriding, magnafluxing, etc).Bill Miller full boogie
13.5 to 1 355 forged alum pistons, with plasma-moly rings, and Bill Miller race wristpins. A milodon oil pan, (8qt)pump, and pick-up (of course blueprinted).
Heads are the vaunted "J" heads, that Hughes engines gave their full race treatment (stage 3), 2.08 intake, 1.65 exhaust valves, ( They flow 300 cfm on the intake side, and I believe 220 on the exhaust side, at .650 lift, 28"hg).
Cam is an early 70's Racer Brown roller, with 318 duration, and .650 lift. Headers are Hooker Super Competition partial fender exit. Intake is an Edelbrock Victor 340 that has been worked to the extreme. Carb is a Holley
850 double pumper (worked) with twin 50cc accel pumps! High perf Mallory fuel pump . MSD 6al ignition control, with Mopar Perf stuff making up the rest of it. It has an elec. water pump and fan, mechanical auto meter guages. Front end has been rebuiltwith disc conversion and 5 on 4 &1/2 bolt pattern. Lakewood grade 8 tool steel (NHRA legal) safety scattershield and bell
Housing, with Macleod racing Clutch. Liberty "Equalizer" red stripe ratio 4-speed transmission. Mopar perf race drag shaft, with loops and heavy-duty u-joints. 8& 3/4 rear-end (of course rebuilt sure grip) with 4.11 ratio. Inboard leaf spring kit/conversion done (using MP stuff) Larger pick-up installed in tank. Car has a NHRA legal 6 point roll cage, with MP frame connectors. Battery in back, with NHRA outside cutoff installed. 5 point saftey harness for pilot!

I still need to finish it tho, and I hope I can find some help here

Welcome 65Cuda, You will get a lot of help here if required. It's a good place to be. Hope you enjoy the site. :headbang:

pic4.JPG

Wow that is some list, that is gonna spank the riceburner boys asses for sure! Do you have any dyno numbers? Sounds nasty. You will enjoy the site, lots of helpfull and friendly people here to help you get it done. By the sounds of it you are not too far off! Welcome to the site!

Thanks guys, I have not put it on the dyno, but pc calcs say anywhere from 625 to 800 hp. I originally built it with the intention of competing in the fastest street car shoot out, with Kinsler FI tubes and a 400 hp digital Nos system :headbang: I went WAY over budget (haven't we all) so I scaled it back. Some.

Welcome 65cudaformulas, this a great site for the early A's.
Thats sounds like a great engine build you have going there.
It would be nice to see what times that would run!

Welcome 65cudaformulas.
Glad you kept the A body and found this great site.
Keep us posted and injoy.

merkel1.jpg

Wow what an engine! Like you, having a family ,forced me to sell my 69 440-6 Super Bee. If we could have only garaged those cars! Glad to see you back in the hobby and welcome to the site.

-
Back