Been thinking about my Grill....

-

19 Again..

Reaction score
I have a grill that desperately needs repainting. I'm thinking of painting the same color of my rims. Which currently is "graphite" made by Dupli-Color. The color looks (I think at least) awesome on my rims. And it would tie the front and sides together in looks.. I know this isn't for some of the purest in the crowd, and I'm sure I'll hear "do what ya want, it's your car". But I'm curious if anyone has done this or what it might look like? I get the "argent silver" color was the original for both rims and grill, but I'm just doing something a little different. Anyone ..... Good or bad, I can take it....

Attachments

• Duster Car .jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 550
Only one way to find out how it will look. It sounds like an interesting color choice to me.

I think it would look great. I painted mine in semi gloss block and used a silver argent paint pen to highlight the raised details. you can kind of get an idea of what yours would look like with this pic. I never cared for the grill completely argent

Attachments

• d414.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 601
I like the idea of matching the wheels. If you don't like it, paint is cheap. You can always redo it. I am going to black out mine.

I like mine WAY better blacked out, and Lance, yours looks really good.
Been toying with the idea of doing the front signal trim red like the body, but have not comitted to that yet.
I'll bet that car would look really good with the grill the same color as the wheels.

Attachments

• dart1a.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 535
just give it a shot, my darts what blacked out but then I switched out to a original grille and now, I need to repaint the grille this summer

I hated my 74 Swinger with Blackout Grille it looks like hell. So I found a restored grille and bezels for 50 Bucks and put it on there much better looking

Attachments

• ABA 1-1-13 3.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 504
Believe it or not I didnt spray it I bought it that way with all the tabs fixed and or reenforced. Best 50 bucks ever. Only thing I cleaned up was headlight bezels with some chrome polish and steel wool

I like mine WAY better blacked out, and Lance, yours looks really good.
Been toying with the idea of doing the front signal trim red like the body, but have not comitted to that yet.
I'll bet that car would look really good with the grill the same color as the wheels.
I like the blacked out grill MUCH better. the only thing I would do to yours is highlight the horizontal bars between the running lights with silver, but that's just me

i had a 72 swinger with a blacked out grille and the only thing i didnt like about it was from far it looked like the car was missing a grille. so i changed it to an original silver one and it made the car look better from far.

so if you do a blacked out grille, just make sure and highlight it somehow so it dont look like its missing from 40 feet away

i had a 72 swinger with a blacked out grille and the only thing i didnt like about it was from far it looked like the car was missing a grille. so i changed it to an original silver one and it made the car look better from far.

so if you do a blacked out grille, just make sure and highlight it somehow so it dont look like its missing from 40 feet away

I have noticed the same thing.
Unless there is something breaking up the grille then it appears not to even have one and the car looks incomplete. The one below looks good because of the chrome that is on it.

attachment.php

I have noticed the same thing.
Unless there is something breaking up the grille then it appears not to even have one and the car looks incomplete. The one below looks good because of the chrome that is on it.
its all in the details lol gotta have the silver over black

I thought the car in your avatar was missing the grille for a long time.

funny , so did I , but that's because I cant see any chrome trim around anything

I think it would look great. I painted mine in semi gloss block and used a silver argent paint pen to highlight the raised details. you can kind of get an idea of what yours would look like with this pic. I never cared for the grill completely argent

That looks badda$$ Lance :glasses7:

I like the blacked out grill MUCH better. the only thing I would do to yours is highlight the horizontal bars between the running lights with silver, but that's just me

I don't think I could do that Lance, as I don't like how they look with lines connecting the two sides. (I like the separation as it looks more industrial to me)
I might consider doing the lens trim red, and one line between them also red.
But then they look connected again. ???

I thought the car in your avatar was missing the grille for a long time.

image.php
Yea that is how it looked I need to get a better pic with new grille in it

This is a better pic with turn signal lenses still in it http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=24403
funny , so did I , but that's because I cant see any chrome trim around anything
Yea the PO had painted all of the trim on this car black even door handles and the locks. I have now changed all of it back to Chrome/Stainless

He also had the trim between the lights black. So I took another one I had and took the factory print screening from the middle and repainted it with some argent wheel paint and it cam out great

Attachments

• First Brought Home 5.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 458
thanks Keith , it took a lot of patience :D. I even went over it twice.

I did the same with taillights

I did that with all my lights. The turn signal on the grille, the marker lights, and the taillights.
First i polished them all up then did many layers of the silver pen. Probably should have just clearcoated the lenses too

I don't think I could do that Lance, as I don't like how they look with lines connecting the two sides. (I like the separation as it looks more industrial to me)
I might consider doing the lens trim red, and one line between them also red.
But then they look connected again. ???
ive seen a couple people here highlight the bars and it looked real good. I think J-Mac was one of them. I will look for the thread

ive seen a couple people here highlight the bars and it looked real good. I think J-Mac was one of them. I will look for the thread

I have seen a few, and didn't like it.
Really like your tail lights.
Makes the detail stand out.

Yea that is how it looked I need to get a better pic with new grille in it

This is a better pic with turn signal lenses still in it http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=24403

Yea the PO had painted all of the trim on this car black even door handles and the locks. I have now changed all of it back to Chrome/Stainless

He also had the trim between the lights black. So I took another one I had and took the factory print screening from the middle and repainted it with some argent wheel paint and it cam out great

Yours looks a 100 times better now. To me a totally blackened grille on those impact bumper cars makes the bumper look SUPER HUGE because my eyes are automatically drawn there.

Im sure everyone is tired of seeing my pics, but I blacked out mine including the top trim piece.
I like the nasty look.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo489.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 447
I think yours would look great painted up like that.

Mine was blacked out when I got it. Needed a little something so out came the silver paint pen...

Attachments

• 20120930_150345 (2).jpg
    64 KB · Views: 405
-
Back