Being retired ideas

-
Going to my part time job today so should keep me out of trouble for half a day. Lol
I'm working on a newer Chev pick up with hail damage and doing paintless dent repair use to be fun but old age is catching up to me and now it's work.

Back in Missouri before coming to Tx I was retired but working part time at a Gogher (golf) course dring a tractor pullng a 15 foot batwing moving rough. Got there at 5 or 5:30 am and left at bout 11 before it got real hot. Then drove the 25 mi back home and worked on my old cars. Made some xtra $$ and sorta like country boy work. Not many people can pull that rig between trees that are 15 ft and inches apart and not break something. II drove an old Mopar there most every day. Sometimes left me walking too!

Going to my part time job today so should keep me out of trouble for half a day. Lol
I'm working on a newer Chev pick up with hail damage and doing paintless dent repair use to be fun but old age is catching up to me and now it's work.

Fred...if you're good at PDR, you could probably stay busier than you want to be in retirement if word gets out. My wife KILLED both passenger side doors of my 2500 Ram quad cab. It's red, and I knew it would be hard to match without painting half the truck. The paint wasn't cracked, so I took it to a young man who opened a PDR shop here to see if he could fix it. He fixed it to where you can't even tell it....and I know where it was and what to look for! :eek::)

Fred...if you're good at PDR, you could probably stay busier than you want to be in retirement if word gets out. My wife KILLED both passenger sbeeide doors of my 2500 Ram quad cab. It's red, and I knew it would be hard to match without painting half the truck. The paint wasn't cracked, so I took it to a young man who opened a PDR shop here to see if he could fix it. He fixed it to where you can't even tell it....and I know where it was and what to look for! :eek::)
Been doing it since about 1985 but getting old it's hard to stay focused so will let the young guys do the hail damage. Lol

The guy that did mine might be 30....tops. He told me he keeps a few sets of tools stashed around the country, at friends and relatives places. When a storm nearby any of them hits, and the insurance companies start screaming for PDR people, he hops a plane and gets to work. He said that was how he was able to afford to buy a building, remodel it, and have a home base. It was amazing to watch him fix my truck. I about **** when he hot glued the thing to my door that the dent puller hooks to....lol.

The guy that did mine might be 30....tops. He told me he keeps a few sets of tools stashed around the country, at friends and relatives places. When a storm nearby any of them hits, and the insurance companies start screaming for PDR people, he hops a plane and gets to work. He said that was how he was able to afford to buy a building, remodel it, and have a home base. It was amazing to watch him fix my truck. I about **** when he hot glued the thing to my door that the dent puller hooks to....lol.
Sometimes hot glue guns work if I can't get behind a dent.
I make my own tools never bought any that I liked and when I first started doing PDR work they really didn't make them back then. No schooling I learned on my own and really would like to see someone with training take out a sizable dent.
I fix a lot of dents for my friends for free and if you were closer would do the same for you.
Us hot rodders need to help each other out that's what we do.

I would never retire but that's my life financially however if I did alot of my time would be spent somewhere like the Va. hospital or trying to contribute in a positive way that would hopefully have an impact on those who are less fortunate than I have been in life.... It's not for everyone but I have all everything I need and want with no desire to go anywhere.....

You are full of energy so try to not let it go to waste.....

JW

I would never retire but that's my life financially however if I did alot of my time would be spent somewhere like the Va. hospital or trying to contribute in a positive way that would hopefully have an impact on those who are less fortunate than I have been in life.... It's not for everyone but I have all everything I need and want with no desire to go anywhere.....

You are full of energy so try to not let it go to waste.....

JW
Your making me feel selfish but been there helping others most of my life.
Time to take care of my grand kids and try to leave the world a new generation of caring people when you and I are gone.

Your making me feel selfish but been there helping others most of my life.
Time to take care of my grand kids and try to leave the world a new generation of caring people when you and I are gone.

At the end of the day helping people could be the best retirement a man could ask for...... Those grandkids alone will make you wonder how there was ever time for a full-time job. One person I know who retired always wanted to play the piano. So in his early 60's he did just that. And was getting real good with it last time I heard him make a run through the keys.... He was on a limited budget BTW....

JW

At the end of the day helping people could be the best retirement a man could ask for...... Those grandkids alone will make you wonder how there was ever time for a full-time job. One person I know who retired always wanted to play the piano. So in his early 60's he did just that. And was getting real good with it last time I heard him make a run through the keys.... He was on a limited budget BTW....

JW
I have 17 grand kids so they keep me busy enough when there not in school.
Helping others out side my family I will gladly do if they help themselves and not take advantage of me.

I have always admired the old ranchers and farmers I have known. They loved their work so much, it was never a job. They stayed at it until they were worn out, then they would go with their kids, grandkids, nephews - whoever would keep the ranch going. Unfortunately, too many Gen-Xers are now inheriting, selling and cutting those ranches up.

I have always admired the old ranchers and farmers I have known. They loved their work so much, it was never a job. They stayed at it until they were worn out, then they would go with their kids, grandkids, nephews - whoever would keep the ranch going. Unfortunately, too many Gen-Xers are now inheriting, selling and cutting those ranches up.
Real sad to see but so true.

^^^ Everything tends to run cycles. One day many people would love to inherit a farm or ranch or just a little bit of earth!!

One day more people will see what as created for us to enjoy. We on nothing, we just have the pleasure to use for a while, be it a piece of land or an old car.

-
Back