Bellhousing bolts??

-

Marko

Reaction score
Hey anyone know sizes for the Bellhousing to A833 (1976) tranny bolt sizes are?? and the Bolts from the Bellhousing to the block are?? I'm piecing and need..>3/8" Bolts is what i was told for the bellhousing to Tranny but length??

Hey anyone know sizes for the Bellhousing to A833 (1976) tranny bolt sizes are?? and the Bolts from the Bellhousing to the block are?? I'm piecing and need..>3/8" Bolts is what i was told for the bellhousing to Tranny but length??

Very good question,as I will be piecing this together soon.
Seems to me there are several different lengths.
Will be looking for this answer as well.

Summit racing, try them. They should be able to sell you a complete set from ARP (super strong bolts).

I bought the ARP set last time. It was nice. And the bolt heads were smaller than stock or hardware stores would have, so getting a smaller wrench in tight spots made it a little easier to deal with. I'll admit it was more expensive.

expensive? my Harmonic balancer bolt cost me like 35 or 40 bucks from summit and the bolt was ARP. That being said it was my choice because I wanted the strongest possible bolts, bolted to my 340. Gotta pay that cost for the good stuff (funny this was the box it came in was like 5 times that things size).

3/8"-18 x 1.25" Bell housing to engine. 5 needed for small block.

I bought the ARP set last time. It was nice. And the bolt heads were smaller than stock or hardware stores would have, so getting a smaller wrench in tight spots made it a little easier to deal with. I'll admit it was more expensive.

Thats a good point....the smaller bolt head seems like it would make it easier to install due to a smaller socket...

Kind of weird,I wasnt even looking for these when I came across them......
Brewers has some good chit !!!

I'll check them out. No four speed here, 727 with a (soon to be) GV unit on to give me a 6 speed auto

I just ordered a bellhousing from there cant wait :) need shifter mechanism, Bars, Flywheel and Clutch and i am rolling!

-
Back