Belt issues

-

82CRUISER

Reaction score
I need a detailed picture of belts and brackets routed with and without ac and gave power steering on small block

Sorry. Those are great pictures. I have a 72 but I'm sure it's a Frankenstein. I have a 3 grove crank, 2 groove alt, and single groove fan pulley. I got the car with the giant ac compressor and bracket. I want to run the power steering and no ac but the pulleys don't line up and crank pulley is very close to fan pulley. Just pictures would be great if brackets and pulley configuration

Sorry. Those are great pictures. I have a 72 but I'm sure it's a Frankenstein. I have a 3 grove crank, 2 groove alt, and single groove fan pulley. I got the car with the giant ac compressor and bracket. I want to run the power steering and no ac but the pulleys don't line up and crank pulley is very close to fan pulley. Just pictures would be great if brackets and pulley configuration

If you have a 72 with P/S, then you want the same set-up that I posted above. I don't have any of the power steering mounting, as we're not that far yet.

You want a double groove crank pulley, and single pulley alternator and single groove water pump pulley.

This is a 70+ setup 360 and to run ac but not installed. The alternator is a two pulley. I can take more pics if you need them. Just got everything installed this weekend. (Pic didn't up load, will try again)

Awesome guys! Now just need some pics of ps brackets. So without ac is there a idler?

It is the three pulley crank. I'm running the alternator off the middle ring. Power steering and water pump off the first ring.

Is this right? Other hole doesn't line up with water pump

Attachments

• image.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 141
Another

Attachments

• image.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 114
Ok got it figured out. Apparently ac cars had different brackets and I had mine on wrong so I installed the compressor for the sake of buying more parts

-
Back