Bench seat ID help

-

Jax_1975_Dart

Reaction score
I fairly recently acquired a ‘75 Dart Sport. I’m trying to figure out if the front seat can fold forward (to allow access to the back seats). The car is a 2 door but, the seat screams 4 door (non-foldable).

So, what type of front bench seat is this FABO (non-folding 4 door seat or a folding 2 door that I’m too stubborn to be able to get to bend/fold!)

Thanks for looking!

pIKPoiy.jpg

IP7iqT5.jpg

That seat pattern doesn’t look like it came on a ‘75 A body so it’s likely out of something else. The fact the seat back doesn’t fold forward means you’re probably right it’s for a 4 door non A body car. When I look at the brackets mounting it to the floor, those don’t look anything like brackets that came on any A body!

The tracks are a dead give away that it is 76 and up.

Pretty standard seat of the times and was available in coronets, gran fury, fury, early diplomats (78/9)

This seat looks like it came out of a royal Monaco, I bet it's pretty comfortable.

You have the 4 door version but these were made for 2 and 4 door cars so the hardware to make a 2 door version is bolt on...... if you can find the hardware. You can remove the stopper and it should go foward but nothing will secure the seat back from going forward when you don't want it to.

77_Royal_Monaco_0006.jpg

This is what needs to get replaced.

If you are handy, you can likely make these earlier ones work. You may want to give Roseville a call to see if they have the later year version.

9F06230C-52AF-4E5B-9565-9522F30BE71B.jpeg

009895D5-2F2E-4110-AD5B-2B22BAC6DFF7.png

Last edited:
Definitely a 4dr seat. The "shackle" with the set screw behind the pin is the giveaway.

Thanks for the great insights and ID on the front bench seat! That Dodge Royal Monaco looks exactly, and I mean exactly, like it.

I guess that means if I remove the set screw and pull the shackle over/away from the pin... that the seat should move freely.

I did some preliminary searches online but, having trouble finding a seat kit that better matches the ‘76+ production year. Most likely will try to make the Roseville set work.

Thanks again everyone. The seat is crazy comfy/nice and even though it’s not OEM to the car... I want to try and make it work (within reason).

-
Back