Bench seat modification??

-

nick69

Its Me!!
Reaction score
does anyone know if it would be possible to make the front bench seat in my 67 dart a full recliner??

Nick :thumblef:

anything is possible.... must of us just put in bucket seats.. but i see where your heading with this idea... let us know how the bed works out.. :thumblef:

Cerwin said:
anything is possible.... must of us just put in bucket seats.. but i see where your heading with this idea... let us know how the bed works out.. :thumblef:

Thats only half of it. The rear seat is coming out and being replaced with 2 Jaguar electric leather seats. These will have a fridge built in between the 2 with a flip up DVD TV for the 2 seats. Plus, as you guessed, when the front bench seat is recovered in leather and folded flat it will become a 'sleep in' Dart!! :thumblef: :thumblef:

Yeah mine became one one time, but it was kinda broken before that. Just took alittle impatient force and... but after that it was pretty easy to get it to recline by slippin gthe stud out of the socket it sits in. Probably wouldnt be too hard if you fabed and welded on the right release mechanism.

The rear bench in my '99 Chrysler Town & Country was a recliner. It was gray leather, head rests and fold down arm rest, you might check out one of those for width and it's a mopar part.

dont think ill be able to get a T&C bench seat over here.

I know some early VW camper vans had front bench seats that could face either way??!!

-
Back