bench to buckets

-

arh

Reaction score
i got a set of bucket seats from a 74 duster to put into my 73 bench seat car. i took the bench out today and there are only 2 bolt holes for each seat, on the out board side of the floor. no bolt holes on the inside(toward the trans hump). it also seemslike there should be some sort of bracket i am missing because with the sitting seat sitting level, the slider is about 2" of the floor. HELP!

thanks,
adam

in my car ('67 valiant) there's small dimples in the floor for locating the holes for seat brackets. should be the same on your car.

I had the same trouble in my car took buckets out of a 75 dart sport to put im my 72 I made a new bracket for the inside drivers bucket seat 2 inch or better difference Wonder whats up?

You can get bucket seats from really another mopar or
anything you want to take them out of.. Sometimes its just preference, or budget or some guys pick them cuz they are just so gosh dang com-fer-table
most cars will require some engineering to make them work unless they are 73 volare seats giong into a 67 valiant, then its pretty flawless except 4 holes you have to drill. which in a way are pre marked out by the factory with divet dents.

the buckets i picked up taday came out of a beretta.( $free$ )
the buckets i want would come from a diff mopar or
a mustang( $100$ )
an aerostar( $150$ )..... i mean who wouldnt want fully electrical seats? jeesh
:wav:

good hunting out there man

Cerwin

Here is a pic of the bucket seat braces from my collection, hope this helps!!

bucket seat braces.jpg

I had the same issues. I think mine were earlier buckets (70-71?) going in a '74 car. There must be some additional brackets for under the inside rails, is all I can figure. Also, the floorpan changed somewhat in '73, not sure about the details there, though. About all you can do is start fabricating. Weld some reinforcements around the inside holes and start cuttin' bendin' & drillin'...

The holes for the bench seat are not used when mounting buckets. You will have to drill 4 new holes to mount the buckets. Like stated above there are dimples where the holes should be drilled. Just set the seat in the floorpan and it will be obvious. The braces 70dart shows are correct. I've put buckets in 3 bench seat a bodies, I didn't have the floor braces so I used steel plates (about 4"x4")on the top and bottom of the floor pans. Use braces to keep the seat bolts from pulling through the floor during spirited driving or an accident.
Bob

-
Back