• Yes, or I've had this happen

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • No, never heard of such garbage

Votes: 39 51.3%
  • He is talking out his rear, behind, ***

Votes: 24 31.6%

• Total voters
-
I got mine off today and Proven Force picked it up. The guy asked me FIVE freaking times if I was sure Proven Force built it. I finally gave him a death stare after the fifth time and he shut up. I paid $550 to get the damn thing built. I'm pretty sure I know who built it.

How long do they think it will take to fix? Keep us posted!

The drive shaft in my 72 is bent. Has the 8.75" axle. I doubt its common, but I don't own a million Darts. Given that the shaft is a small diameter, and is taking about twice the HP it was supposed to, It may be more common than I think. Or you think.

Just had U-joints and a balance done on my '66. Wasn't bent, no problems. Maybe its a chronic problem, but I've never heard that before.

Unless the driveshaft is impacted, the only way it could become bent would be due to a twisted shaft. Back in the old days, when we got a driveshaft made up, the first thing we'd do is paint a white line on it from end to end. This way if it twisted we'd know right away.

BTW; If you have a car that hooks up hard, they do on occasion twist.

Mine wasn't twisted, the paint was clean and unbroken with no impact marks, and the center runout was .020. It was bent. I got it back today and the problem I have been chasing for a year and a half is gone. I was 120+ and accelerating smoothly. Now I can finally hit the track. BIR has a Wednesday night shoot out on Sept 4. All you can run for $25.

Here this guy can explain it all

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXmEsP-kpN0"]Turbo Entabulator Overview - YouTube[/ame]

Years back the only car lifts were center post. Some models tended to hit the drive shafts when the car was lifted depending on how the car was positioned.

As I can remember one of the things that was stressed , When lifting a car. Was "don't hit the drive shaft".

So it could be there is truth to both sides here. It wasn't that they produced bent shafts. They were bent on there first oil change. Who says it wasn't mostly the 111 inch wheel base darts that would hit.

The biggest question is whether is is bent to the left or bent to the right? Do you notice any cornering issues? **snicker**

Years back the only car lifts were center post. Some models tended to hit the drive shafts when the car was lifted depending on how the car was positioned.

As I can remember one of the things that was stressed , When lifting a car. Was "don't hit the drive shaft".

So it could be there is truth to both sides here. It wasn't that they produced bent shafts. They were bent on there first oil change. Who says it wasn't mostly the 111 inch wheel base darts that would hit.

That's a good possibility. I have seen driveshaft's bent from not paying attention to things when lifting with center post lifts.

By any chance were the people talking out there back sides also french models. If so that could explain a lot. Their are a lot of people who never learned that if your talking your not learning

-
Back