Bergman Auto Craft Delrin Bushings and Pivot Pin Pkg Special use code BAC10

-
Do these bushings have a bit better road noise insulation compared to urethane?

I haven't measured. I don't believe any human ear could tell the difference inside the car when it comes to noise of different bushings.

I haven't measured. I don't believe any human ear could tell the difference inside the car when it comes to noise of different bushings.
Just curious but why don't you have a signature line with a link to your website? Would make it so much easier for lazy customers like me.... :lol:

Will these work with QA1 lowers? Should I even be considering replacing them?

Do these bushings have a bit better road noise insulation compared to urethane?

I think you're overestimating your ability to feel the road noise/vibration that comes from just the LCA bushing.

The ride quality depends on a lot more than just the bushing material. I've run rubber bushings, poly bushings, and delrin bushings. The noticeable changes in ride quality were all torsion bar/shock/tire related. The harder bushings do make the car handle more accurately, taking the slop out of the LCA movement.
I don't have that... must be because of my gold membership?

Correct. He's talking about an ad on the side bar that you won't have if you're a gold member.
The delrin bushings don't require grease?
They're a self lubricating material. In theory, other than the grease you apply on install they shouldn't need to be greased.

Will these work with QA1 lowers? Should I even be considering replacing them?
Yes, they work fine with QA1 lowers. I installed a set in my QA1 LCA's.

img_4324-jpg.jpg

img_4327-jpg.jpg

img_4328-jpg.jpg

The whole install is in my build thread, this should take you to the install post My "new" '74 Duster- or why I need a project like a hole in the head

38 years in the plastics business for me and the only lube you ever want to use on "Delrin" (acetal) is Crown 68034 Silicon Spray. Not some generic silicon spray from Ace Hardware, but Crown 68034 specifically. We've tried them all...

38 years in the plastics business for me and the only lube you ever want to use on "Delrin" (acetal) is Crown 68034 Silicon Spray. Not some generic silicon spray from Ace Hardware, but Crown 68034 specifically. We've tried them all...

Well I installed my Delrin bushings from BAC back in 2017 with the same Hotchkis super grease I use with my poly bushings, and they've been working and holding up great. Probably around 20k miles or so since they've been installed. Not saying Crown silicon spray isn't better and I'm not trying to discount your experience. Just saying I haven't had any problems with the Hotchkis suspension grease and the Delrin bushings so far.

Hotchkis Sport Suspension 3101 Hotchkis Sport Suspension Super Grease | Summit Racing

Last edited:
Thanks guys.
I’ll admit, I did not like the ride with the poly lower bushings I had 20 years or so ago. I did also have those dressed KYB shocks back then.

Thanks guys.
I’ll admit, I did not like the ride with the poly lower bushings I had 20 years or so ago. I did also have those dressed KYB shocks back then.

There's no bushing that can make up for the horrific dampening you get from KYB shocks. My Challenger had KYB shocks and all rubber bushings, it was terrible. I added the Bilstein RCD's and even with poly bushings and 17" wheels the ride got better than when it had KYB's, rubber bushings and 15's. Hands down, not even close.

I have to say I did not notice a ride quality difference when I changed from poly LCA bushings and rubber UCA bushings to Delrin LCA and UCA bushings on my Duster. That wasn't the only change I made at the time though, it also got the SPC UCA's, QA1 LCA's and a new ride height and alignment after that. Torsion bars, shocks, wheels, tires all stayed the same. The car felt more precise after, but obviously there were suspension geometry and minor alignment changes as well so I can't say it was all due to the delrin bushings.

Last edited:
No issues 72... we found EVERY other Silicon spray or liquid lube either made Delrin squeak or gummed it up. Might need to investigate the super grease and see what's actually in it!

I've never used any silicone sprays on delrin. I supply a little tube of Formula 5 lube which is super sticky. Due to the properties of delrin, I have not had any noise issues in my car or any of my customers cars.

The issue with Delrin is heat dries it out and that "self lubrication" disappears and it starts to squeak, as we found out the hard way some 3 decades ago with vertical blind gear boxes in windows. The only thing that cured it was 68034 applied after assembly.

Glad the Formula 5 works as well.

The issue with Delrin is heat dries it out and that "self lubrication" disappears and it starts to squeak, as we found out the hard way some 3 decades ago with vertical blind gear boxes in windows. The only thing that cured it was 68034 applied after assembly.

Glad the Formula 5 works as well.
I wish your Crown product was available in the US. Looks like a good product for a multitude of things.

I'm excited about them. I shouldn't have made the extra expense, but if I don't do it, I never will and I have to get this front suspension on Vixen rebuilt. It's not bad, but it's showing some age. I want my disc brakes on too. I really appreciate the good deal.

-
Back