best 340 intake?

-
Yes I agree with you on no room for spacers! My air cleaner is right up against my hood with no spacers! I need to find a different air cleaner bottom that lies down over the carb more so I can run a spacer

ok, well this brings me back to one of my other questions LOL!! sorry guys, i have a set of fresh magnum heads with new i believe dual springs and hughes 1.6 rockers. should i just bolt them on?

I would check the CC's on them and see what they would do to your CR first.

Could always just go with a 274 cam. Think the 274 is about as big as you can go with a single spring. IIRC it has some thing like 477/488 lift

I tried two Holley's, one the normal downleg boosters and the other one annular boosters.

The holley single plane intake liked the annular boosters-made more power, I tried jetting both carbs up and down, the annular just work better but on the RPM intake the annular was weaker then the downleg carb.

I think air speed through the carbs was the reason, both carbs were rated as 750's but the downleg carb flowed more then the 750 annular carb...never tried an 850 annular carb.

All that messing around with intakes and carbs got me to thinking about 1965 and what was happening back then, dual Carters were the rage and hung on till Holley came out with the DP 4150's...well those 950 three bbl carbs were popular too.

Seemed like a lot of work and expense so I just bought the dual quad intake and it sat in my basement for 2 years but then came some nos 500 Carter competitions form the early 1990's and I took the gamble and got those for around $450-with strip kits !

Once I got the Carters jetted right, I sold all my holley -demon stuff and intakes, here I was worried how it work, lol

-
Back