Best Carb/Manifold Combo for 318

-
What do all yall thing "I'M" gonna say here?!?!? I wonder. LMAO.

"I" would use an Edelbrock Performer OR a stock Thermoquad intake and you guessed it. A Thermoquad. They're cheap, plentiful, easy to build and easy to tune.....as long as you can read and apply or follow deestruckshuns and apply. David's site has all you could ever wanna know about the Thermoquad and then some. http://www.thermoquads.com Even includes which model numbers are best to use.

Edelbrock Performer/Edelbrock 600

Used this set-up on this 318. Fun little street motor/car.
Could light em up half way down the street.

Picture 498.jpg

Johnny! that's one SHARP lookin motor! Very Nice!!!!

Johnny! that's one SHARP lookin motor! Very Nice!!!!

Son of a biscuit....I was waiting for you to beat my Ede 600 up !!!!! lol

Thanks.
Really was a fun little motor.I believe it is a great little set-up for a mild 318.

The car now with a 360......And yes an Ede 750.....:-D

30 D pics 013.jpg

Son of a biscuit....I was waiting for you to beat my Ede 600 up !!!!! lol

Thanks.Really was a fun little motor.I believe it is a great little set-up for a mild 318.

The car now with a 360......

naw man. "I" don't care for Edeljunk carbs,but that doesn't mean they don't work that just means I don't like um. I wouldn't dare knock your ride. I bet it ran real strong. why'd you get rid of it? dummy.

never mind. I see why. the new pic didn't show up right away. DOOD!! are you for hire? I need you to come do my engine bay. LOL that's beautiful.

never mind. I see why. the new pic didn't show up right away. DOOD!! are you for hire? I need you to come do my engine bay. LOL that's beautiful.[/QUOTE]

Well,I have been known to work on other peoples Chrysler products,just have a hard time asking for $.
Pretty much do it for the love of it........

Back to the original post............8)

performer intake, a 600 carb that you are familiar with.

next would be the action plus, I believe it has te smaller port windows as well.

and 'I read' here somewhere about even the stealth has he small window?

But I've run the performer and eddy 600 carb on a 310.020-340 cam-headers-4spd and it worked good, shut off at 61-6200rpm.

-
Back