Best cold case/ summit for a 71 duster.

-

GROGAB

Reaction score
I have a 1971 Duster (auto) that was originally a 318 car but now has a 360LA and was thinking of getting a rad/fan set up from Summit. Does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions as to brand/model? Thanks.

I assume you're speaking about an electric fan. Be advised, in order to achieve proper cooling, you need one that will move around 4000 CFM of air. Those fans AIN'T cheap. So, if you get 100 buck electric fan, just know it probably ain't gonna work. Also for radiator, I recommend a Griffin exact fit two row with the largest tube size you can get. They will probably be either 1.25" or 1.5" tubes. Get the 1.5" if it's available.

Rusty is correct and that summit one is crap. Dual fans that cannot cool my PS fluid let alone a 360 on a hot day.
Chinese

I have a 1971 Duster (auto) that was originally a 318 car but now has a 360LA and was thinking of getting a rad/fan set up from Summit. Does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions as to brand/model? Thanks.
I bought the cold case m750 2 row with 1.50 tubes along with there aluminum shroud kit and wire harness with relay kit my 422 cu. In. 360 runs 180 on hot days and it fits good mine is for a manual transmission all together it was 785.00

I bought the cold case m750 2 row with 1.50 tubes along with there aluminum shroud kit and wire harness with relay kit my 422 cu. In. 360 runs 180 on hot days and it fits good mine is for a manual transmission all together it was 785.00
Sorry I bought the dual 16in. Fans also

The Cold Case radiator is good but like others said, those electric fans do not flow enough air. But, overheating can be in the tune. My dad was fighting a overheating issue where it would over heat a cruise and cool down at a stop. Turns out he was just a tad lean and kicked the timing up 2 degrees and it all went away.

I have a universal fit Summit rad in my Duster so I had to fab up mounts for it. I am using a Chevy HHR fan. You can get them from Amazon for $60. I have a 50 amp relay and a toggle switch. I rarely even need the fan, but when I flip it on , it quickly brings the temp down. But I'm only cooling a 318. The fan is a tight fit between the wp pulley and the rad. In the pics you can see where I cut the upper lip on the rad support so that I could move the rad slightly forward for clearance.

3-13-10 003.JPG

duster 7-15-19 006.JPG

-
Back