Best company for fiberglass parts

-

70Lawn_Dart

#moparlawndart
Reaction score
I found the following sites to buy fiberglass parts from, just wondering what experiences other have had with these companies or if there's others that are better to look at.
Looking at getting front and rear bumpers, deck lid, hood, dash and maybe fenders down the road for a 70 Dart Swinger that will be street driven frequently so strength vs light weight is also a concern.
70- Dart
Dart 67-69, Coronet 68-69
64-76 Dart
Dodge Dart Swinger (1970-72) | AAR Quality Fiberglass Reproductions
Dart - GLASSTEK

I've got a AAR sixpack hood on my '70 duster EXCELLENT quality I would say anything else they make is probably the same..I had a Glasstek hood on my '73 cuda also of excellent quality you can't go wrong with either company:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I work in composites, so if there are any issues I will be to fix them easily. I have zero experience with any of these companies. That being said, I will be going with AAR for my front clip, decklid, and bumpers once I get my engine replaced.

I work in composites, so if there are any issues I will be to fix them easily. I have zero experience with any of these companies. That being said, I will be going with AAR for my front clip, decklid, and bumpers once I get my engine replaced.
I would check the shipping cost. there's a place right there in California I got mine from. I think one of them's in Florida..

Also I got my rear bumper from the swap meet and it was more of a stock replica which is more fat and ugly for a 73. I got my front bumper from that place near LA and can't remember the name of them but the front bumper was a little bit more conforming.

I would check the shipping cost. there's a place right there in California I got mine from. I think one of them's in Florida..
I did check on a couple of the companies, i forget which ones and it came out to about too bucks. Personally I'd rather pay a few dollars more in total if that means having a better quality product. I've learned my lesson early on that cheaper isn't always better.

I did check on a couple of the companies, i forget which ones and it came out to about too bucks. Personally I'd rather pay a few dollars more in total if that means having a better quality product. I've learned my lesson early on that cheaper isn't always better.
REALLY?! I'd rather save $2 and get a pile of crap LOL..
Take for instance only thing I bought from a fiberglass place my front bumper. I live in Portland and it came from South in California and cost$129 + $99 shipping in was here within a week. It was a nice quality piece.
Or I could have ordered it from AAR in Florida and it would have cost $174 + $25 boxing fee plus Freight from there... And any rate I was just taking my chances either way. Just like anyting out here it's only going to be a matter of opinion and a matter of what someone's got and what they thought of it. I think what you're really looking for is the horror stories of stuff that didn't fit blah blah blah.

REALLY?! I'd rather save $2 and get a pile of crap LOL..
Take for instance only thing I bought from a fiberglass place my front bumper. I live in Portland and it came from South in California and cost$129 + $99 shipping in was here within a week. It was a nice quality piece.
Or I could have ordered it from AAR in Florida and it would have cost $174 + $25 boxing fee plus Freight from there... And any rate I was just taking my chances either way. Just like anyting out here it's only going to be a matter of opinion and a matter of what someone's got and what they thought of it. I think what you're really looking for is the horror stories of stuff that didn't fit blah blah blah.
I know what your saying and it makes sense. Yeah i am looking for personal experiences but that never stopped me from ordering a part someone says "doesn't fit" or is garbage since there's so many variables that go into aftermarket parts being fitted to vehicles in general. Installation error is half the battle. I realized I contradicted myself in a way but the way i look at it, if 100 people say a product fits with out modification that's great. If 20 people out of that hundred said another company that's cheaper fits great but needed small changes to fit their car that that's understandable and worth the savings. But if there's another group of people that says this product just doesn't fit at all and they expected it to fit exactly the same as a factory part without modification and its significantly cheaper than the most expensive part, those sources aren't creditable.

I know what your saying and it makes sense. Yeah i am looking for personal experiences but that never stopped me from ordering a part someone says "doesn't fit" or is garbage since there's so many variables that go into aftermarket parts being fitted to vehicles in general. Installation error is half the battle. I realized I contradicted myself in a way but the way i look at it, if 100 people say a product fits with out modification that's great. If 20 people out of that hundred said another company that's cheaper fits great but needed small changes to fit their car that that's understandable and worth the savings. But if there's another group of people that says this product just doesn't fit at all and they expected it to fit exactly the same as a factory part without modification and its significantly cheaper than the most expensive part, those sources aren't creditable.
When you're talking about fitting also like I was trying to say a lot of companies do a replica. As in like my 73 duster I didn't want replica bumpers I wanted ones that were brought in an inch on each side because of course I don't want those big sticky-outty bumpers that come originally on a 73. as in when you're going fiberglass you generally going customs in generally in a race way. I called several companies and asked if they offered something that was a little shortened instead of having them stick way out like The Originals did? All of them said they leave that up to the customer to do. I mean they actually knew that you were going to have to shorten them to make them not look all big and bulky. Take for instance my rear bumper. sticking out an extra inch and a half on each side like the original just made it a big wind sail back there probably would have ripped off and 120 miles an hour plus at the end of a quarter mile. It was odd to me that in this custom atmosphere that no one had came up with the idea to offer a shortened version of the bumper that fit tight and look better. again in the end no pun intended the swap meet when I got I had to take an inch out of each side on the rear bumper but the front bumper that I got from fiberglass Specialties down in California I think it goes under us fiberglass or something like that seem to fit very nice right out of the box on the front. and also like I compared to the one in Florida probably at least $100 or more or less to get to my door to take a chance and maybe have to whack it all up anyhow..

Go with AAR its well worth whatever the shipping cost is,I've seen the other crap that's out there..don't waste your money on it!!

There's always a bunch of people here on this forum that want you to waste your money just the way they wasted there's. It makes them feel better about what they bought. I can tell you the stuff I got from us fiberglass worked great and came fast. The quality was better then the one I bought from the swap meet which seemed a little thicker but again it wasn't comformed the way I wanted it to. I've had no problems with either one though. Spend your money the way you want too..

There's LOTS of people who spend money on GOOD QUALITY parts then there's the ones that chirp like birds CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!!

There's LOTS of people who spend money on GOOD QUALITY parts then there's the ones that chirp like birds CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!!
Then there's Jack Wheels on the internet who who talk a lot of crap and can't even fix a 2 bolt thermostat housing...
20150920_165020.jpg

Good golly for a minute there I thought I lost that picture of your motor...
Good Golly my mom said The more you roll with a turd the stinkier you get...
I gave my opinion I figured that original poster can make up his mind who he woild like to get his fiberglass from...

I appreciate the input and conversation we had j par and stroked340, that's what ive heard and found on here that AAR is good quality stuff. I dislike wasting my hard earned money but in reality who doesn't? Thanks for the input guys

I appreciate the input and conversation we had j par and stroked340, that's what ive heard and found on here that AAR is good quality stuff. I dislike wasting my hard earned money but in reality who doesn't? Thanks for the input guys
The Race part of the forum might have more people chiming in and giving an opinion. Or possibly a good place to research the same question...

Also I'm certainly not saying the place where I've got mine are the best because the one piece that I got was good. I could have just got lucky...
Two summers ago I wanted to go to the place in Florida and kind of tour of their plant and pick up a bumper but we got chased out by Hurricane! When you have a motorhome don't challenge the hurricane that should be some good advice. then I was down in California and visiting my dad but he's so uninterested in anything I like that I wasn't able to visit the plant that I eventually got mine from in California a couple hours outside of LA. That's my story and I'm sticking to it...lol

Then there are those who buy the bargain parts and blueprint those parts to their specs.

Wow,you actually keep a picture of that(my) motor,just so you know that was a leak that started between rounds at the track no time to seal it properly..when you can touch this let me know(which is never)..

20150920_164418.jpg

20150920_164441.jpg

Wow,you actually keep a picture of that(my) motor,just so you know that was a leak that started between rounds at the track no time to seal it properly..when you can touch this let me know(which is never)..

View attachment 1715310716

View attachment 1715310717
I found a guy in cleveland OH selling the same exact hood that you have for $140, i have been trying to figure out what the hell it was for. I didnt realize until now that the front of the hood is different between the plymouth a bodies and dodge a bodies

I found a guy in cleveland OH selling the same exact hood that you have for $140, i have been trying to figure out what the hell it was for. I didnt realize until now that the front of the hood is different between the plymouth a bodies and dodge a bodies
Yeah the Plymouth caps over and the Dodge tucks in..

View attachment 1715310716

View attachment 1715310717
had to disagree on that because the time to seal it properly was the first time! LOL and the only part of your motor that I keep a picture of is your jack wheel ism...

I have these on My 64 Falcon Sprint. -- I bought it Used, so I don't have details. -- Hood and fenders. They are heavy -- not good for a full time Drag Car. -- I believe that They are in Florida.

Falcon - Fiberglass Fenders.JPG

Falcon - Fiberglass Hood.JPG

Falcon - Outside - 2.JPG

Please help, I am looking for a six pack hood for a 1970 Duster. I live in northern Ohio.
Thanks, Donnie514

-
Back