Best Deal on a Crate Hemi..

-

70Dart499

Reaction score
Who has the best all around package for a crate hemi (real hemi, not a Gen III) I'm looking for something in the neighborhood of 550 horsepower, race gas or pump gas, doesn't matter as I will be mostly bracket racing. Ive looked at a lot, but I'm not sure what's best, thanks.

In my past experience, when I was pricing Hemi's for my '71 Demon. A Crate Hemi can be bought from your local Dodge Dealership for about $1,500 cheaper than what you'll find online, and there's no shipping charge either. (So if you see a Mopar Perf Crate Hemi online for $14,000 as an off the wall price example, the dealership can order it for you for about $12,500)

I stopped in at the dealership in town and asked about the crate hemis about a year and a half ago. I can't remember the exact price they told me on the Crate engine, but I do remember the hemi engine block (I was considering building my own, weighing my options on what would be the best approach) was $2,900 with no shipping charge, and the same block online was like $3,200 + Shipping.

That's if price is what you're basing Best Deal on

are all Mopar crate hemi's built by Barton now?
Tim Banning in Bewdley Ontario (for Hemi's only)is well known.

I am basing partially in price, I was considering the 472 Mopar Crate. Can any Dodge Dealer get one or are only certain ones dealers for the performance stuff

I am basing partially in price, I was considering the 472 Mopar Crate. Can any Dodge Dealer get one or are only certain ones dealers for the performance stuff

As far as I know, they all can. You could call and ask your local one though, to be sure.

The local dealership here is just your plain old dealership/service center. They told me that they could order in any Mopar Performance part I wanted, and there wouldn't be a shipping charge either since it'd come in on the same truck that brings the rest of their normal Mopar parts they stock/sell

Who has the best all around package for a crate hemi (real hemi, not a Gen III) I'm looking for something in the neighborhood of 550 horsepower, race gas or pump gas, doesn't matter as I will be mostly bracket racing. Ive looked at a lot, but I'm not sure what's best, thanks.

Our baseline Hemi is a good performer, making 575HP. We use a 4.25 crank, MP block, MP heads with mild port work, solid roller cam (very streetable), 10.25:1, single 4 intake, 1000HP carb, diamond pistons, based on TTI headers.
PM for pricing or call.
Brian

Racingjunk usually has a few new crate Hemi motors listed for sale.

FYI - Tim Banning (FHO) is not building Hemi motors at this time. He's concentrating on the machining side of very big inch Hemis for other prominent engine builders. (i.e. Sonny Leonard, etc.)

Mancini racing is doing free shipping
On part #5249667 (426) for $ 14,305

Contact Rick at:

www.casselent.com

All hemi stuff.

I am running one of his 528's in the Cuda. 800+ HP 700+ tq. Very streetable package that runs on pump gas and goes easy 9.60's all day long - N/A.

You might find Cederstrand on the high side. Contact Mike at Muscle Motors. They have some very affordable packages. I actually have their 528 HEMI in my 69 Charger R/T. Give them a call.

-
Back