Best deal on TTI headers

-

smrcuda

Reaction score
OK. I'm convinced that I need to get the TTI Headers.
Does anyone have a idea where I can get a good deal on a set?
Looked on Ebay and nothing there.
Also, What coatings would you go with?
I was thinks about the ceramic coated on the out side.
I would appreceate any input.
Thanks

I bought mine from Mancini Racing. I use them for a lot of my parts. Great to deal with. No one has TTI stuff in stock though. Its all drop shipped from them.

I got mine Ceramic coated inside and thermal inside. They were just under $700

A few pictures for you.
IM000786.jpg

IM000789.jpg

IM000788.jpg

IM000786.jpg

IM000789.jpg

IM000788.jpg

I found a set in Indianapolis that was just ceramic coated for $647.00.
I not sure i need the termal barrier. I thought about tgetting the Nickel chrome, but i think they will discolor after a while.
Adam, Are the ones pictured ceramic coated? They look good.
Steve

smrcuda said:
OK. I'm convinced that I need to get the TTI Headers.
Does anyone have a idea where I can get a good deal on a set?
Looked on Ebay and nothing there.
Also, What coatings would you go with?
I was thinks about the ceramic coated on the out side.
I would appreceate any input.
Thanks
Go to TTI's dealer page, find Bob Mazzolini Racing, theirs are the chaepest, and they give you free shipping. I got lucky when I found a used set, I have never seen a set on ebay. People tend to keep TTI's forever unless they change engines. I got a set of used chrome, I am going to have them ceramic coated later.

has everybody forgotten about john cambridge? he is a member of this board as well. i got my exhaust system through him. give him a call at baxter chrysler jeep dodge. number there is 1-800-642-1524

I got mine 10% off at the Fall Fling in SoCal and picked them up myself from tti. I saved $150 on the shipping of the complete exhaust. The 10% off covered the taxes.

There is absolutely NO SUCH THING as a GOOD DEAL on ANY TTI Headers! there is just WHATS THE LEAST THEY end up SOAKING YOU FOR! Any header thats over $400 is just too much! I wish someone would start making knockoffs of the TTI's like they did for the Edlebrock Intakes then at least they would come down to SANE levels..id pay $400-450 but not a cent more for headers...thats why im going back to manifolds...RANT OVER!

Have you ever held a set of TTIs in your hands ? Trust me theres a reason they are more then others. They are built much better. Thicker flanges, better welds, better fit and coated inside.

I'm still undecided what I'll do for headers for my 73 Duster when the 414 goes in. I would really prefer to find a 1 3/4" header from flange to collector. As far as the quality of construction, the TTI's do appear to be better made than most but I'm no fan of the "step" design headers.

i have them in my car, same in my buddys and in 2 recent customers cars. 2 68' cudas, 67 cuda and 70 dart. all small blocks. by far, the best fitting header in a 67-up a body, period. tucked to the body, thick flange at the head, mandrel bends. well made. they are expensive, but do you like replacing headers in 2-4 years? i don't. my buddy's were purchased in 2000 and then driven daily. rain or shine. still using em on the fresh rebuild. still great. get the c4 level. its worth the ceramicoat, and thermal barrier. if you have a hipo engine, these are an extension to it. remember, 2 sets of headers in 6 years would be the same price.

AdamR said:
Have you ever held a set of TTIs in your hands ? Trust me theres a reason they are more then others. They are built much better. Thicker flanges, better welds, better fit and coated inside.

YUP AND UNLESS THEY ARE MADE OF SOLID GOLD THERE IS no HEADER THATS WORTH $600+ I dont care how "nice" they are made oe how great the coating shines..there is NOT $600+ worth of materials in them AND their initial investment has been WELL recovered at those prices(ive heard the EXCUSE they are so expensive becuase of the initial R&D cost)so yes they ARE exellent headers(they are on the father in laws Coronet R/T the whole TTI system headers to tips came on the car when bought so YES I have seen these headers)

Then Hooker needs to lower there price as well because they have been selling the same crappy fitting headers since the 70s. I'm sure they made there investment back by now too. Im not saying that I wouldnt have preferred to pay $400 for them. Are they over priced? Maybe . I do feel it was smarter to pay for the TTIs and be happy with what I bought then to pay less for another brand and wish I bought the TTIs.

All so, the TTIs are the only header I could find that would clear my oil pan so it was cheaper then buying another set of headers and a new pan.

No biggie we can agree to disagree its America...you will NEVER in my life get me to think say TTI's are WORTH the money they cost.

Just to throw my .02 in the ring....

Headers are going to cost me OVER NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS...... First $375 for the piece of **** Hookers I bought, and will throw away because they are hammered...then the $600 for the TTI's that will last forever.

I wish I saved $375....

FASTBACK340 said:
Just to throw my .02 in the ring....

Headers are going to cost me OVER NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS...... First $375 for the piece of **** Hookers I bought, and will throw away because they are hammered...then the $600 for the TTI's that will last forever.

I wish I saved $375....

Good point...I think I will have to get them (really). Now, the cost and shipping to Canada??? No distrubutors here in BC..Freek, :cussing: better take out another morgage :sad1:

AdamR said:
I'm going with TTI's.I,m building a 440 Dart and it's tighter than dicks hat band in there plus i'm running 2'' tubes.No one else has what i want.

dustertogo said:
I'm still undecided what I'll do for headers for my 73 Duster when the 414 goes in. I would really prefer to find a 1 3/4" header from flange to collector. As far as the quality of construction, the TTI's do appear to be better made than most but I'm no fan of the "step" design headers.

I run the Hooker Super Comps in my car and love them. They fit real nice. They only say up to '72 in the book but that is because of the PS. They fit fine in my '73 with manual steering.

I guess I was just lucky. I woke up one morning and went on ebay and there was a pair of brand new TTI small block headers with a Buy it Now price of $400. and free shipping. Needless to say I didn't wake up my wife and tell her what a good deal it was. I hit the Buy it Now button.

DSC00123 (Small).JPG

Dusterb318 said:
I run the Hooker Super Comps in my car and love them. They fit real nice. They only say up to '72 in the book but that is because of the PS. They fit fine in my '73 with manual steering.

What about with a front sway bar (factory)? I was thinking that the #1 tube went down through the k member where the bracket for the sway bar is.

yeah...I forgot about that. I don't have a sway bar. I took it off when i went to the manual steering. With the power steering I needed it but not with the manual.

Dusterb318 said:
yeah...I forgot about that. I don't have a sway bar. I took it off when i went to the manual steering. With the power steering I needed it but not with the manual.

Well I went to manual steering also, but kept the sway bar. I've just always run the sway bar and haven't really thought about ditchin' it. Yours does fine without it?

I think TTI has an agreement with their dealers to sell at a set price and not to go below that price. As of Jan. 1st 2007 there was a price increase. I`ve SEARCHED THE WORLD OVER ( kinda` hee haw ish huh?) and found the price within 10 dollars everywhere. I did cut a deal with Mazzolini Racing and he absorbed the shipping costs. Mighty nice of him!

-
Back