Best donor for 360 into 72 Valiant 6cyl

-

valiantbrit

Reaction score
New to the mopar world and have been trawling the internet for the best donor so ican get the engine trans, maybe rear end and any linkages etc needed. I have seen the custom engine mounts from schumacher and will probably get those. I think an 8 1/4 rear will suffice.

Thanks for any advice.

I just went through this with a slant '72 swinger. I bought a '75 swinger with a dead 318, and dented body panels. I used the k frame, disk brakes, drive shaft, radiator, sway bar, engine brackets, and 81/4 rear for the '72. It's so easy to make the swap when you have every nut and bolt needed right there. I bought a 1978, 4bbl 360/a999, 904 at pick n pull for $200, on half price day. I swapped the 71/4 axle, drum brakes and slant into the beat up '75, and sold it on Craigslist for nearly what I had paid for the car. This is the easiest, cheapest way I have found to swap out a slant for a small block v8. I'm on the west coast where an old cheap '73-76 a body can be found, with a little looking around.

If you're new to Mopars, there are a few questions about how knowledgeable you are about 360s. Knowing the answers will be useful to your project:

- truck vs passenger car oil pans?

- external balance?

-LA vs Magnum 360?

-lock-up vs non-lock-up converters/transmissions?

New to the mopar world and have been trawling the internet for the best donor so ican get the engine trans, maybe rear end and any linkages etc needed. I have seen the custom engine mounts from schumacher and will probably get those. I think an 8 1/4 rear will suffice.

Thanks for any advice.

The best one is the one that's available for free! The second best is any one that is available at a price that you can afford, and if it comes in a complete donor car, so much the better! It's not so much that all the missing parts might cost you some cash; But it's; the hunting, the shipping, and the dog-gone waiting, and the frustration when something shows up that does not meet your expectation. That is just such a pain.

Somethin with a 360 in it would work.

-
Back