Best Epoxy??

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
To all the experienced intake and head porting guys out there, what's the best epoxy to use to build an area up, add to an area, or make a repair with??

Best brand, etc? What do you use??

the east coast system for higher heat with micro balloons is what was used on my heads. but i have not seen the high heat stuff for quite some time now. the marine grade east coast is real good stuff but it will soften with heat then harden when cooled.there is probally better stuff now .mike at mrl would know for sure

QuickSteel by Blue Magic. It is good to 2400 Degrees . I found it on the internet after Sandy hit.Some guy gave me a 3500 watt new generator that he claimed had a blown motor.It had no comp. I pulled the head and the gasket was shot because the prisoner who made it at the prison camp in China must have dropped the head and put a big ding in the surface.Not wanting to get executed he probably just slapped it together and sent it here.I filed it smooth removing the high spots,cleaned it real good with Naptha and filled it with this epoxy.Gave it a new gasket and for under 20 bucks got a new generator.I have run it about 2 hours so far and it is good as new.This is all I know about this stuff .It worked for me on an air cooled engine that runs hot in the hottest part of the motor. upc code # 77336 38003 part #18003TRI
There is a 800 number on the package too so here it is 1 888 5222746
blue magic inc. conroe texas 77303

3M 8115 A.K.A panel bond......i love the stuff, i use it for everything after it sets up you can sand it, grind it, drill it, paint it. it wont stick to duct tape so i have used duct tape to make a mold for stuff and actually cast plastic pieces with it.

its automotive grade so you can use it on the outside of the car in the elements....i have use it to repair grilles, steering wheels, consoles, plastic bumpers on newer cars, plastic mirror housings on newer cars...ect. ect..

I use A B epoxy from Moroso, I use it on intake ports on heads and intake manifolds to match or shape. Many years and never an issue with it. Wont work on exhaust side.

Terry

-
Back