Best Intake Manifold Gasket 5.9 magnum

-

pjc360

Reaction score
Who makes the best intake manifold gasket for the 360 magnum? I have narrowed it down to 4 different sets. fel-pro, victor reinz, edelbrock, or mopar performance. Another question I have, when installing new intake manifold gaskets, are you supposed to put silicone around the water ports on the head and intake, or just around the water port opening on the gasket?
I see people saying you should do that, but I have never done that in the past, just used the gasket and silicone at the front and back end rails.
If I do use silicone around the water ports is it o k to use the right stuff gasket maker? because that's what I like to use on the front and back end rails. Or will I be ok with just the gasket and no silicone around the water ports?

I like the edelbrocks better than the others. The instruction say to put it on both sides of the gasket around the water port. Just a light film is need.

I see that the edelbrock gaskets say they come with a bead around the water ports already? And you can see it in the picture. And edelbrock says there intake gaskets are made from synthetic fiber? I think I might give there gaskets a shot when I go to change my intake gasket. I don't think I will add silicone around the water ports since there is already a bead molded to the gasket.

The silicone is just added security. Better to be safe than sorry, no since in taking the risk of having a small water leak inside your engine.

Ya I understand that. I need to get the mini caulking gun and the tubes of the right stuff gasket maker that you put in the little caulk gun. I hate trying to make small little beads around the water ports with the aerosol can of the right stuff gasket maker. It's a pita.

This is what you need from your local parts store.

518NN%2BSAXnL.jpg

-
Back