Best mech fuel pump for a big block?

-
Not sure short of a belt driven aftermarket piece I know of a mechanical pump that would support 700 HP. I could be wrong, and I will be corrected soon if I am. I think most mechanicals don't have much bigger than 5/16" fittings. Much over 450 HP, I'd like to see 3/8" or 1/2" stuff, with a pump that can keep it full.

i think you will fine that the racepump.com will fit your requirements.
Man, that is great info. I hate electric fuel pumps on carbureted cars. The noise, extra wiring and having to find space and mount it to me is not worth it. I just went onto race pumps.com and see they have two models for BB Mopars-50PSI is $320 and 150 PSI is $330. Obviously they require a regulator, but they save alot of the hassle of going electric.

Nice stuff on that website, I am with you, hate the sound of electric pumps.
I have a mild built 440 using Carter super pump and MP push rod. Work real well in my hp range. I'll get the street version of these stewart pumps when it goes.

And I learned something new... That Clay Smith pump looks like it has a roller on the pump arm. Nice touch if it does. Big fittings too.

So whats the best mech fuel pump to run on a 600-700 hp big block mopar?
I found that the fuel pump push rod wore down with a high out put pump that was on my 383 prior to rebuild. I now run an edelbrock pump with 3/8 line on the new engine and works well for me, but I'm only pushing 400-425 HP.

-
Back