• ride the lightening

Votes: 40 22.3%
  • master of puppets

Votes: 84 46.9%
  • and justice for all

Votes: 27 15.1%

• Total voters
-
These are all the ones that, IMO... S-U-C-K.

The NEW one on the other hand - Hardwired, sounds VERY AJFA with a touch of "Master..." and even Whiplash.

Good for them.

...and who decided the first "radio" single should have "F" bomb and "S" in a 1-2 punch position.

Now THAT"S "my" Metallica!
Cool... different strokes... Just heard Hardwired a couple days ago. So far I like it. Better than Death Magnet IMO.

Kirk.

In my short list of best guitarists of all time despite an argument that he can sound like he's playing Joe Satriani "take home" exercises :) for his lead breaks.

I remember "Salvage -1".

Didn't they use a cement mixer drum for the capsule?

In '83/'84, I had "Seek and Destroy" painted on the deck panel of my 66 Coronet along with a drafting class side project "MOPAR MANIA" in the Metallica font.

I never in a million years would have dreamed that 30 years later they would have massive radio airplay, a NASCAR contract, play at an NHL game, and have a Dodge commercial...and my wife would do impressions of James saying "Hey this is James from 'tallica....." almost on a daily basis :)

Back in '83 you NEVER heard them on the radio despite the orchestrated nature of their material.

Word of mouth only sold their albums until Metal Shop picked up "Master" and AJFA.
Even then you never heard it in any other time slot.
Kinda odd considering Judas Priest, Black Sabbath and even Accept were played during the day during that time.

My favorites are the Garage Days covers of stuff that influenced them especially "Helpless" which gets heavier and heavier even when you think that it's not possible for it to get any heavier :) Lately I've been jamming their version of "Sabracadabra".

So let it be Written. So let it Be Done.

Ride The Lighting. Very heavy but Still Melodic. I dont Listen to anything Past, And Justice For all...i am a Purist.

I voted Master of Puppets but they are each good in their own ways. They get less raw and better produced as time goes on, and I thought the best compromise was somewhere between Master and Lightning. With the black album I lost interest--too much production there. I bet they still kill live shows though.

I saw the AJFA tour, and the Black Album tour.

Totally different.

AJFA was massive arena rock at it's best.

Black Album was WAY overthought, complete with "special high priced diamond shaped ""pit area""" that actually killed any possibility of a pit. As a result the crowed just stood there, and seemed like they were having trouble getting into it.

-
Back