Best new wiring kit

-

72demon96

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm going to rewire my 72 demon and was wondering what the best kit was to buy

This is going into our 69 Fastback
1967-75 Mopar A Body Classic Update Kit | American Autowire

5106032.jpg

Hello everyone I'm going to rewire my 72 demon and was wondering what the best kit was to buy
I bought mine thru YearOne and glad I did. They sell the harness made by M&H Electric Fabricators. The engine & forward harness was exactly as the OEM, all connections were perfect. These people do it RIGHT. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I bought mine thru YearOne and glad I did. They sell the harness made by M&H Electric Fabricators. The engine & forward harness was exactly as the OEM, very connection was perfect. These people do it RIGHT. Hope this helps.
Thanks I will look into it

I recommend making sure whatever kit you get has TXL or GXL wire and doesn't use a bulkhead connector. I researched quite a bit before buying a harness and my recollection is most/all these kits that say they are "made for" such and such model car/truck etc must be taken with a grain of salt. Most/all of them will have GM style connectors which is no big deal unless you are building a show car or a stickler for authenticity. My experience is with ron francis kit that i used for dodge truck and was pretty much "Painless". I saved my old harness and reused the plastic connectors rather than paying a premium for a kit that was "made for" such and such auto that is supposed to plug and play. No harm in reusing your old plastic connectors if you don't want to use the ones supplied. One picture above looks like GM connectors and headlight switch...that's what was in my kit too. If memory serves me, the only GM stuff in the RF kit was headlight switch and floor dimmer and the connectors under the column/starter switch/turn signal. It gave me mopar connector for the distributor and electronic ign. I made my own wiper harness with the leftover wire from the rest of the kit...again using my old plastic connector-no big deal. Call the companies you are considering and ask them about connectors for wiper, headlight switch, etc. and if it's plug and play to justify $1000. For me it's not unless there are some huge difference in quality that I'm not aware of.

it REALLY depends on what you are trying to accomplish - if you're looking to update it - the EZ Wiring unit mentioned above it excellent! - - and you can't beat the price!!!!

-
Back