Best next upgrade?

-
F26CEEC9-7BC7-405E-8884-BEB051238AD0.gif

as your lawyer, I strongly advise you against participating in drag racing and autocross events. I'll leave the dancing girls and honky-tonking to your discretion.

all kidding aside if you aren't doing neutral drops and one wheel peels around town like a jack *** the 7.25 will last just fine.

what do y'all think about a 8-3/4 out of a 63 savoy (b-body). It's about 1-3/8in wider drum-to-drum? Would i need to narrow it?

what do y'all think about a 8-3/4 out of a 63 savoy (b-body). It's about 1-3/8in wider drum-to-drum? Would i need to narrow it?
Just need rims with the right offset

That might be early enough to still have the odd tapered axle setup with the threaded flanges or whatever? I think the years you want are 1965-67, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Again I put a 1967 B-body 8 3/4" in my Duster but those have much wider wheel wells than Barracudas and I still had to get the wheel offset right. Fortunately OTS aftermarket replacement late-model Mustang wheels were pretty much perfect.

Got a hold of this 69 FB barracuda a few months ago and the P.O. did a few upgrades.
318, rebuilt/ bored .030 over, edelbrock performer plus cam ([email protected], .420 lift, 110LSA). Edelbrock Performer intake, 600 carb.
675 factory heads
Mopar electronic distributor with orange box.
904, rebuilt, stock converter
7-1/4 open rear with 3.55
Dual exhaust with stock manifolds.
14in rallies with skinny radials.

So far I’ve put an electric fuel pump, headlight relay kit, new front engine and headlight wiring harness, replaced sagging rear leafs with “super stock”, re curved distributor, rebuilt carburetor, fixed some general electrical and interior problems.

Now I’m trying to decide where my money is best spent on next performance upgrade..
Headers? More cam? New heads? Higher stall converter? Posi? Wider rims/tires? EFI? 8-3/4?

I feel I’ll end up doing most of the above over next few years, but which would y’all do first? Which will give the most “smiles per mile” understanding that stuff will get done incrementally…
View attachment 1716031832

View attachment 1716031917
I have owned my 71 Duster 340 4sp for 36 years and have had some very good Mopar mechanics build it and tune it. But the best single upgrade was the installation of MSD Pro Billet Ready to Run Distributor
Got a hold of this 69 FB barracuda a few months ago and the P.O. did a few upgrades.
318, rebuilt/ bored .030 over, edelbrock performer plus cam ([email protected], .420 lift, 110LSA). Edelbrock Performer intake, 600 carb.
675 factory heads
Mopar electronic distributor with orange box.
904, rebuilt, stock converter
7-1/4 open rear with 3.55
Dual exhaust with stock manifolds.
14in rallies with skinny radials.

So far I’ve put an electric fuel pump, headlight relay kit, new front engine and headlight wiring harness, replaced sagging rear leafs with “super stock”, re curved distributor, rebuilt carburetor, fixed some general electrical and interior problems.

Now I’m trying to decide where my money is best spent on next performance upgrade..
Headers? More cam? New heads? Higher stall converter? Posi? Wider rims/tires? EFI? 8-3/4?

I feel I’ll end up doing most of the above over next few years, but which would y’all do first? Which will give the most “smiles per mile” understanding that stuff will get done incrementally…
View attachment 1716031832

View attachment 1716031917

First, NICE car. I am rather partial to 69 Fastbacks. I have had mine for over 30 years now.
I would DEFINITELY do a front disc brake conversion first. I think my disc conversion was the best money I spent. While you are doing that, rip out all of the front suspension and get a front end kit. @PST is a great option, because they are forum sponsors and offer a FABO discount. If you car does not have a front sway bar, install one. I did and it made a huge difference.
While doing all this, it is up to you whether you upgrade to LBP wheels.

-
Back