Best parts car for 1970 Duster project?

-

Frank1669

Reaction score
I was gifted a 1970 Duster.. that's missing most of the interior and rear axle and suspension... Primaily looking for Back seat .. rear axle rear Springs, spring hangersetc.. door panels and steering Column.. do the later 73-76 parts Bolt in? Do they use different rated rear springs ob V-8 cars? and what back seats will work? ie is a 4 door dart back seat a direct swap in a duster.. Thanks and sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

I have a spare 70 rear seat that needs to recovered, but shipping would be nuts from MI to you

I'm no expert on 70 up cars but I believe the rear springs are stock one of two options, 5 leaf or 6 leaf. 5 leaf would be any motor except probably 340 / BB or hemi. 6 leaf would be an option on other than 340 / BB or hemi.

if you go to MyMopar.com and download your cars parts book, you can see what options were available and maybe for what engine trans combo

Last edited:
Dart back seat is different. 70-72 Duster will work for sure. Maybe 73-up non-folding too?
67-76 rear springs and rear end will fit.

Dart back seat is different. 70-72 Duster will work for sure. Maybe 73-up non-folding too?
67-76 rear springs and rear end will fit.
IIRC, a '72 rear Duster seat back installs differently than 70 & 71. At least they do 71 to 72 Demon. However, I suspect that it could be adapted as they have the same physical dimensions. The '71 clips in. and the 72 bolts in.

IIRC, a '72 rear Duster seat back installs differently than 70 & 71. At least they do 71 to 72 Demon. However, I suspect that it could be adapted as they have the same physical dimensions. The '71 clips in. and the 72 bolts in.
72 seat back hangs on hooks then in held in by 2 bolts on the bottom of the seat back portion. The bottom (part where you sit) simply hooks in. I’m pretty sure they’re the same 70-76

72 seat back hangs on hooks then in held in by 2 bolts on the bottom of the seat back portion. The bottom (part where you sit) simply hooks in. I’m pretty sure they’re the same 70-76
67 thru 69 Darts mount the same, don't know if the sizes are the same

I think the 4dr vs the 2dr rear seat base is slightly different. They will interchange but the 4dr is curved off in the front corners for allowing entry through the back doors. The 2dr is fully straight across as it butts up against the side panel and you enter from a forward position.

4 door rear seats have curved edges to allow for access and egress, where 2 door rear seats are squared off, but they will physically fit in the space. Headliners vary from year to year and model to model, as do door and rear side panels. Probably best to try and find a good same year parts car.

I think the 4dr vs the 2dr rear seat base is slightly different. They will interchange but the 4dr is curved off in the front corners for allowing entry through the back doors. The 2dr is fully straight across as it butts up against the side panel and you enter from a forward position.
Treed me!

-
Back