best rear disc brake conversion kit ?

-

purplescamper

Reaction score
i want the swap over to a rear disc brake conversion kit for my 73 scamp with a 8 3/4 rear.
what the simplest best bang for the buck kit out there ?

Right stuff detailing , got disk brake kits for 8 3/4 and they are cheap, bought it from summit .I got one on my dart , I cant complain at all . Super easy to bolt up . Only thing is they need green bearings pressed on the axles , but I think all the disk brake kits need the green bearings .

Doctor Diff. Awesome kit, without question.

Many of the kits on the market use a rear caliper with too large of a piston which necessitates a separate proportioning valve to get the front/rear bias correct. His kit uses the Ford Cobra caliper which incorporates a built in parking brake which hooks right up to your existing parking brake. The Cobra caliper has a smaller piston and works great without needing an auxiliary proportioning valve.

Another plus is that the Doctor Diff kit is comprised of OEM calipers and rotors. This, to me is important for future maintenence.

i want the swap over to a rear disc brake conversion kit for my 73 scamp with a 8 3/4 rear.
what the simplest best bang for the buck kit out there ?

Wilwood

Attachments

• 16378_10204960777488574_6317630999826702274_n.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 347
I am installing and 8 3/4 I am giving away my old 7 1/4.
I was looking at the Dr & wilwood. I am concerned about the wilwood & ebrake assembly.
it shows shoes. Do all the kits need shoes as well as calipers?
Or is there a turnkey complete system? Any suggestion.
1969 Dart
Convertible
4 speed.
Front disks are from a donor car already.
NON race car..

Check out my progress.. www.dartmanclassic.com

Dr Diff's kit uses the Cobra caliper, with ebrake capability to squeeze the pads within the caliperr. No extra shoes. He really has a complete kit to make it work without any hassles.

-
Back