Best roll cage kits

-

rgreule

Reaction score
Im looking to getting a 10 point kit. I just want a little input on which ones peole have used and how the fit such as tightness on main hoop and hallow tightness to a pillar.. Glove box access and if or which kit lets you keep the back seat if wanted.. Thank you

There is a guy on here that has started to make them. Look in the race forum I think. Curlysracecars I thinks is the name . Mike

There is a guy on here that has started to make them. Look in the race forum I think. Curlysracecars I thinks is the name . Mike
I just picked mine up from Kyle (curleysracecars) on Saturday. I cannot say how pleased I am with his work. Please contact him. You will not be dissappointed.

I talked to Kyle but he could not match the price from S&W with the shipping to Canada. I liked Kyle's work and wanted to purchase from him but cost was a big thing for me. S&W can bend the bars to keep the back seat or so they told me.

Trevor

I talked to Kyle but he could not match the price from S&W with the shipping to Canada. I liked Kyle's work and wanted to purchase from him but cost was a big thing for me. S&W can bend the bars to keep the back seat or so they told me.

Trevor

Could you tell me what price with shipping you got from either source? PM me if you don't want to mention it right here. Thanks.

Rod

I wont beat any of the big shops prices...that wasn't my intent. I try to provide a truly custom bent bar/cage for your application that fits tight to the body. On top of that, I use DOM tubing which is far superior to any HREW that the big companies use. Oh, and mine would be slightly lighter because they are using .134" wall tune to be sure the HREW will pass certification.
Not trying to bad mouth anyone or anything, just restating my initial intent. Carry on. :)

I wont beat any of the big shops prices...that wasn't my intent. I try to provide a truly custom bent bar/cage for your application that fits tight to the body. On top of that, I use DOM tubing which is far superior to any HREW that the big companies use. Oh, and mine would be slightly lighter because they are using .134" wall tune to be sure the HREW will pass certification.
Not trying to bad mouth anyone or anything, just restating my initial intent. Carry on. :)
Hey Kyle......Just wanted you to know that I had no problem at all passing tech at the March Meets. Papa Joe , who is our head tech guy really liked your work.

Hey Kyle......Just wanted you to know that I had no problem at all passing tech at the March Meets. Papa Joe , who is our head tech guy really liked your work.
Good to know! Thanks for the good word, and glad it all worked out. Email me some pictures when you get time.

I bought my kit from S&W it was OK for a race car but would have been a problem for a street car where you wanted the tubes tig.ht to the body. It also required a lot of fitting and cutting. When I bought a kit for a Dart i really thought it would fit with a minimum of modifications.

I have looked around and came to the conclusion that I did not like what was out there. So think I am going to pick up a bender and go to town.

Used S&W and Alston. Mixed it up and got 1/2 way. Then had to get local guy to bend the rest. What a pain.

-
Back