Best Roller Rockers

-

wazoo64

Reaction score
I am having issues with my Mopar alluminum rockers and may need to replace them. Will I be happy with the Pro Magnum chromolly set up? Is there any downside to going to the steel setup on 550HP?

I have never had a problem with my crane roller rockers(1.6&1.5) and with my max wedge rockers.Now the issue is,what is going wrong with your,cracking,roller tip problem,needle bearings,touching the retainer and grooving the rocker,adjustment tip problem.In the past,there was a adjuster metal problem,wearing out the ball of the adjuster.Also what is your spring pressure?mrmopartech

I run the comp magnums on both my engines no issues after 3 seasons,i'd deffinately buy them again..

I have the comps on mine. my friend has put about 50k so far on his and not a single issue. I don't see any downside to running them on your motor.

I've heard about problems when running hardened steel on steel (Steel rocker on steel shaft) as somethings got to give. Hughes had an article about it on his website, but then again, he's trying to make money so he may not be objective in his analysis. http://www.hughesengines.com/TechArticles/500stainlesssteelironrockerarmsthiscanbeagauldinge.php

The best rockers I've ever seen are T&D bar none. The sticker shock may give you a heart attack though. I've always used Crane over the years on both Mopar LA and Ford 302, 351C and 400M builds and never had a problem although we all know that they are not presently producing anymore. That is supposed to change in the near future though.

I decided to go with pro magnum chromolly instead of the aluminum. Mainly for the perceived reliability/durability and replaceability. Once we get some dyno numbers I will report the difference between the alluminum and chromolly steel.

I like the aluminum ohio rollers myself, they cost me $139 +$105 shafts+$90 harland S. adjusters=$334 and are accurate, strong & the lash don't change on me either.
I run'em on the street & the strip buzz 68-7000 on an average and roll the freeway 3800-4200 rpm.

The are needle bearing on the shaft with a roller tip, and require THICK induction hardened shafts.
The lash don't change on me either.

Here's a pic

Photo 454.jpg

Photo 451.jpg

Are these from Ohio Crankshaft? All I found listed on their website were for SB Chevy.

I like the aluminum ohio rollers myself, they cost me $139 +$105 shafts+$90 harland S. adjusters=$334 and are accurate, strong & the lash don't change on me either.
I run'em on the street & the strip buzz 68-7000 on an average and roll the freeway 3800-4200 rpm.

The are needle bearing on the shaft with a roller tip, and require THICK induction hardened shafts.
The lash don't change on me either.

Here's a pic

Do the Comp Pro Magnums have bushings in the bores?

I hardly ever see the Hughes aluminum rockers mentioned. I had decided to go with them at one time, but starting to get scared away. Am I missing something?

Do the Comp Pro Magnums have bushings in the bores?

I hardly ever see the Hughes aluminum rockers mentioned. I had decided to go with them at one time, but starting to get scared away. Am I missing something?

Good question...Does anyone know if the pro magnums have bushings? That would make a difference right?

-
Back