Best single modification,to your Mopar....

-
He bought the car from me. He had a shift improve'r kit installed at a trans shop. That night he was racing a Lime Charger R/T.

He wound second tight and when he shifted drive the trans locked up. The back of the car went to the right and slid off the road into a grass field .

It went backward for awhile through the field on the side of the road. As he was going backwards the front started coming around to the left. As it whipped around to face forward. Half way through the spin the car hit the corner of a bolder. It was the size of a pick-up truck. 3 Foot high more then three foot in the ground.

A passenger in the car lived but paralyzed. I towed the car. I found what was left of the factory tachometer about an 1/8 mile down the road. The rock is still there not even a chip. You can see the rock just off airport rd. North of the ABE airport. The accident happened July of 1987.

That was the end of a GSS Demon. It originally was auto on the column Bench seat. I put the hood and the interior in it off of a 72 demon. It did not have scoops from the factory. I still have the spoiler and the wing upstairs. Plus the steering wheel and other items I kept when I sold it.

I always planned on remaking!!!! I mean fixing that car.

I don't think you jacked this post . It is appropriate in this thread. Frame ties and a roll cage is the first thing you should do before making it go faster. Its only tin all the way across the center. The pics make my point

My son's Demon will have a 12 pt. cage and ties. My Duster has an 8 pt. My restored Duster will be a stock 14 sec. car.

Almost forgot the car had 410's in it when I got it. I put 323's in it to sell it. Speed kills

Upgrading the Valiant from front drums to manual disc brakes...then the Dillenger coilover conversion front suspension. Really changed the way the car handles and drives...for the WAY better!!

Oh, Oldmanmopar....wtf happened to that Demon??!! Not to jack the thread, but geeezzz!

Roll cages should be standard equipment if they really wanted us to have safer cars. Instead we got air bags that disable the car on the first impact--that is the whole point of them-IMO

I believe in air bags once NASCAR and semi trucks get them

Now if "they" could just figure out how to stop hit and runs involving people--those impacts don't blow off the air bag and too many drunks just keep on going and claim they thought they struck a deer--if caught.

Ok, so I had the story almost straight. But I do agree, these cars are very unsafe in stock form and precautions should be taken if you want to go fast.

And street racing should be frowned upon.

If this car would have been stiffened up it would probably have spun of . Instead it stuck fast. His lower leg was stillwrapped up in the floor of the car. He was 17 leaving for the Air Force the next morning.

damn....thats not cool. the pictures brought back some bad memories. i did something eerily similar in my chevy pickup, only it was the passengers side that wrapped up.....

-
Back