Best street/STRIP shock

-

roccodart440

Reaction score
69 Dart, doesn't handle.. as in I go around most turns at the speed limit for that turn. skinnies up front, big tires in rear.

Just took off the Gabriel shocks #739090

Looking for something that will work and working on a 10 sec street car.

You have a number of choices. Rancho, Calvert, QA1, Koni and so on. It all depends on how much you want to spend. Rancho has a chart on their website for their 9000 shocks the shows all lengths and ends. You can figure out from that chart what shock you need. They were used by Calvert for years before they started selling their own brand which are probably built by Rancho. JMO

That will take testing to see what the car likes and does not like. Get a notebook and keep records of what settings along with 60 foot and et and you will soon see what the car likes. Good luck and keep us posted! Also, only make small changes and no more than one at a time so you will get a true picture. I have QA1 shocks on the back of my dart and I am very pleased even though I do not race it.

I was able to go to Qa1'a site and they had some additional info not found in the package. Looks like 0-6 is the range to be in for drag racing. 0 being the easiest to extend like a 90/10.

check out the Fox shocks
Ridetech(Q-series) and Hotchkis (1.5s )both sell fox shocks but with their own rebound settings and whatnot

-
Back