best time

-

7172 duster

7172 duster
Legendary Member
Reaction score
the duster ran a best time of 6.88 with a 1.49 60 ft. last saturday, and today the engine is out to be freshened for next year, we are going to try the INDY head set up because of the raised runners ,we hope for about 50-60 hp gain over the w2 set up we currently have for sale in the classifed,ads.

I read all the negative press in the forum on the Indy stuff and am confused. There are only 4 places to go to get head ands stuff that I know of. Brodix (B1), Indy, Edelbrock, and Ma Mopar.

Mopar has been unreliable as of late regarding quality and availability. They don't seem to have anyone at the tech-line that knows squat anymore. W2 parts are drying up, especially the valve train. There aluminum heads have had quality issues. I know, I'm a dealer and see it first hand.

B1 I don't know a lot about but I believe I heard that there are small block heads available. I'd like to hear about anyone that has small block B1 experience.

Edelbrock seems to be trying. Right now they only have the one aluminum head which is basically a street/strip verison that's good but not great. From what I've read they have some sort of head in the works to compete with the Indy's. But I am confused about the quality concerns I read about here. That's the first of any negative comments about Edelbrock I've encountered.

That leaves Indy. I've seen and heard the accolades from big block owners that rave about the performance and quality of Indy's BB stuff. I can only assume that there SB stuff will be just as good. There website is well laid out and the 360-1 package looks well thought out and complete.

I'm presently drafting plans to build a 418 SB with Indy heads, and Ohio Crankshaft bottom end stuff. I'm really going to be interested in how your Indy's work for you.

hey guys,

im not by all means an EXPERT but i do know people that run SB mopars with good results.

the BEST sb heads out there today for a guy that wants to run 9.0's and up would either be the INDYS or the W-5's....a kid i know has a 440" SB with W-5's that dynoed 700hp on pump gas (93 oct.)

now if your looking to go REAL fast then theres the P-7's/P-9's but now your talking about BIG money.

if you guys dont know of RYAN JOHNSON then either go to his website and look around or get his number off the site and call him!!!!!...he is probably one of the BEST sb guys in the COUNTRY!!!....all he works on is SB mopars.
he WILL steer you in the RIGHT direction,TRUST ME!!! :thumbup:

his site is www.shadydellspeedshop.com

hey 7172,
you have a PM!!! :toothy7:

-
Back