best vibration damper 340?

-

mopow3r

Reaction score
have been replacing timing chain this weekend and while I had everything apart was looking into an aftermarket damper, not looking to spend a crazy amount of money but was wondering if anyone had any input on ones they have used. thanks!

looks nice and great price! is it fluid filled? and did it offset the belts?

You can't go by pictures on Summit's site, or most sites for that matter. They use generic representations of an item for sale, I have complained about it to Summit numerous times.

With that said, the weights would be used on a 360 that is externally balanced. I have that damper to put on my build.

It comes with instructions for when to use balance weights. If your motor is neutral/internal balance no weights are required.

How about the SFI certified fluid damper copies i see on evilbay all the time. Id imagine if its certified to 12,500 rpm should be safe to 6k. Been looking at one of these. Havent pulled the trigger on one yet. Theres one thats $79, and has timing marks engraved into it. Any thoughts on this as opposed to a solid iron damper?

Matt

If you live in a cold area and plan on moving/driving the car in the cold, stick with a solid.

How about the SFI certified fluid damper copies i see on evilbay all the time. Id imagine if its certified to 12,500 rpm should be safe to 6k. Been looking at one of these. Havent pulled the trigger on one yet. Theres one thats $79, and has timing marks engraved into it. Any thoughts on this as opposed to a solid iron damper?

Matt
Not so sure about that certification at that price , don't see it as possible at that price point .

-
Back