Best wax consensus?

-
The OEM automotive coatings company I worked for did an indepth study (evaluations) on automotive aftermarket waxes and polishes a few years ago for the following reasons:

(1) to determine which brand was the best for cleaning and polishing extended UV exposure panels. Some of the UV panels were on the panel racks beyond the 5 year Florida exposure limit. Some of the panels were in pretty bad shape when they came back from the panel farms too.

(2) to determine if there would be any harmful effects from the various waxes and polishes used

I`m not going to get into the study`s findings because they are long and drawn out and I would seriously hurt some feeling in here. I will say some of the `designer`polishes and waxes are a lot of hype and nothing more.

The wax (polish) that was found to be the most effective at cleaning and polishing (restoring) tired automotive paint finishes was NuFinish (orange bottle) liquid car polish. Yep, the cheapest stuff on the market.

I`ve been using NuFinish since 1981 and there isn`t a car wax or polish on the market today that I would use in it`s place and I`ve tried them all. I hope this bit of info helps.

For polishing compounds and polishing pads I use 3M products because they work best for me.

:glasses7:

at one time I was a Maguire guy but now JAX WAX is all I use this stuff is amazing .

Let me add to your confusion.
I have two cars that I restored, done about 9 and 4 years ago. Neither of them have ever been waxed. I do wash them with waterless car wash, either Griot*s Garage or Wash Wax All.
Both of these cars have a finish so slick that nothing sticks to them.
C

Jax Wax hands down. This is the product we send with our customers to us after the car is finished.

-
Back