Best way to cut out a floor pan at a junk yard?

-

ESP47

Reaction score
Actually I mainly need just a floor hump but I might just cut all the way across and get both the front floor pans while I'm at it. This is out of an 85 Dodge truck. I've never removed a floor pan so I wanted to get some advice.

I don't have a sawzall that runs on a battery nor a generator to run power tools. I just have a cordless drill and some hawksaws lol. What do you guys suggest I do? It's at pick n pull, so they don't remove anything.

You need to rent/beg/borrow/steal a generator and bring plenty of reciprocating saw blades.

I have tried to use a battery powered sawzall and the batteries just won't last long enough.

My two cents.
Rod

You need to rent/beg/borrow/steal a generator and bring plenty of reciprocating saw blades.

I have tried to use a battery powered sawzall and the batteries just won't last long enough.

My two cents.
Rod
X2 There should be a tool rental store near you. Maybe even rent a plazma cutter.

I have cut stuff out like that with a side grinder using the thin masonry type wheels. They'll cut through like nothing. Call me crazy but it was less jarring than a sawzall. I don't know how to run a torch but I believe that is the best way to go.

Thanks guys. I called Home Depot and it looks like it's $35 for 4 hours with a generator. I'm probably going to have to go that route since I don't know anyone that has one. I'll bring the sawzall and the grinder and see which one works better for me.

Guy's we use a gas powered demo saw/allpurpose saw.Lots easier be sure to bring glasses

can you drive in close to where your donor vehickle is if so get a power inverter.plug it into your car and as long as youve got a power cord that will reach you can save on the rental

Better check that you can bring a generator into the yard before renting it.

Yeah, Pick-n-pull wont let you bring in any torches, body saws, jacks, batteries, etc. You will probablly need to find another wrecking yard that will remove it for you, most will if they want the business. Pick-n-pull can be a little strange, I have used their hoist to lift a ar when I needed to becouse the stands that they had it on werent tall enough to get my parts out from underneath.

-
Back