Best way to remove Body Emblems

-

Tacfire11

Strike Hard, Strike Deep
Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice on the best way to remove the body marker emblems, like the DART on the rear Quarter Panel. Are these glued on, or are they actually attached with clips from behind?

Artillery027.jpg

Best way to know would be to open the trunk lid and look on the inner 1/4 panel where the "DART" letters are on the outside. If you see studs coming thru or collars, then glue isn't holding them on.

That chrome strip which runs below your doors is held on with a screw near each end and then about 7 plastic clips between the screws. For the emblem on the B pillar, it's most likely held on with a stud/collar on the inner side of the pillar.

The chrome trim which divides the vinyl top from the base of the B-pillar is held on with screws/nuts and clips. You should see one screw visible at the base of the chrome drip rail at the rear 1/4 window. There's two plastic clips between that exposed screw head and the back corner (apex) where it wraps around to the back window and then another screw & nut at the apex which is accesible from inside the trunk. I took mine off this past weekend:

vinyl trim clips 2.jpg

Thanks, I'll take a look at it tomorrow. I want to start to repair the QP rust, and then start sanding her for Primer.

Pat

A heat gun (or hair dryer) works wonders on the stick ons/decals.

-
Back