best way to wire toggle switches

-

71dustar

Reaction score
What would be the best way to wire power to 4 toggle switches that will be next to each other on my dash? should i connect them in series or in parallel?

If you are talking about the power to light the switches, you would want to wire them up parallel. If you connect them in series, one burned bulb would disable the other three as well.

Parallel without a doubt! If you're interested, I can draw you up a schematic pretty easily. I assume this is for accesories? Is this a pre-made panel like the one's from Moroso? Do they have indicator lights? Let me know the specifics.

Definitely parallel. No build up of resistance thru the other switches and speed up of corrosion.

Go to your local parts store and buy a fuse panel. they sell them in many different sizes. i have a 6 fuse one in my drag car. just run a main hot wire to the stud. then you have 6 fuses for different things.from there you can run power to 1 of your 4 switchs then send the power to your accessory. works great. and is alittle neater than other ways of doing it. the fuse box is less than $20. i run one in each of 2 of my abodies i have not had any trouble.

Or, pick up one of these from Moroso. It has fuses and indicator lights built in. I couldn't have built it from scratch for less than what they charge.

P7290776.JPG

P5260216.JPG

P5260218.JPG

-
Back