BEWARE DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THE NAMES LISTED!

-

Bossanova5

Reaction score
BEWARE of the following screen name, emails and names.

"alone67cuda" is the A-Bodies Only username (He has apparently disappeared as of today) that contacted me and mentioned that a guy named Andrew Chandry had the Torsion Bars. He sent me pictures of the bars.
Below are some of the emails he used for PayPal, Zelle and also to converse.

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Andrew Chandry

I sent the money to someone by the name of Andrew Chandry for the torsion bars. He claims his Zelle account is locked and he can't retrieve the money. Meanwhile I am out $140 and he asked me to send him an additional $120 to ship the torsion bars.

The old adage rings true 'You get what you pay for"

I don't want to see anyone else get ripped off like I did.

I also don't know why this post got moved to this section where it won't get read and or buried?

Last edited:
Did you check his feedback and number of posts? This is why we have such things. I hope you're able to recover your funds.

oh wow, man that sucks. i recently got smoked by an established member with good feedback. hope you can get your money back!

oh wow, man that sucks. i recently got smoked by an established member with good feedback. hope you can get your money back!
Post the name.

At least it will help everyone else on here

Just when I was feeling so good about the fella that sent the parts to a member at no charge.Then there’s chit like this!

Mark Kidwell bay area CA

@MoparMark91

[email protected]

congrats mark, you just made the scumbag list. if by chance you see this, send me my money back. i don't even care about the parts anymore.
That's unfortunate and not the first time his name has been brought up in something like this. I remember someone else had trouble, too. Looking at his profile, he's not had enough activity that it even shows up. His last posts were putting items up for sale on November 5th last year.

That's unfortunate and not the first time his name has been brought up in something like this. I remember someone else had trouble, too. Looking at his profile, he's not had enough activity that it even shows up. His last posts were putting items up for sale on November 5th last year.
yup. yup. i bought the clutch pedals. paid immediately. then got the run around of: oh i work nights; oh i didn't get your notifications; oh my wife sent it, lemme get the tracking from her when i get home.

and then from nov 20th just straight ghosted. PM's, e-mail, pay pal direct messages. and nothing.

(for SEO)
Mark Kidwell, bay area california is a rip off artist.

[email protected] will take your money and not send parts

i don't know if the other member paid him or got his parts either.

As for the OP, hit the report icon and carry on. If ANYONE responds to a WTB and states that "so and so" has the parts you're looking for it's generally a scam.

If a regular member types @soandso has what you need that's another story.

As for junkyardhero... sounds like he found that 1% here.

yup. yup. i bought the clutch pedals. paid immediately. then got the run around of: oh i work nights; oh i didn't get your notifications; oh my wife sent it, lemme get the tracking from her when i get home.

and then from nov 20th just straight ghosted. PM's, e-mail, pay pal direct messages. and nothing.

(for SEO)
Mark Kidwell, bay area california is a rip off artist.

[email protected] will take your money and not send parts

i don't know if the other member paid him or got his parts either.
Do you still need pedals?

Do you still need pedals?
nah. not no more. it was part of build that got deep sixed-- not solely because of the case of no pedals, but was certainly a contributing factor. my consolation was that i'd still at least have pedals i could use or sell, eventually. but, alas, that was not to be.

so thanks Mark Kidwell, from the bay area california, you crook!

As for junkyardhero... sounds like he found that 1% here.
i won the booby prize!

*opens box*

awww man! a fruit cake from 1994 1/2 and expired Bennigan's gift cards!! booo!

all joking aside, i've had a million great transactions with people here on this forum and any time there was an issue it was solved easily and swiftly to the satisfaction of all parties.

it's the dildos like Mark Kidwell that screw it up for the rest of us by being good for nothing cheats.

All wonderful reasons not to use a bank transfer or cash app to buy parts. There is ZERO buyer protection when you do that. Scammers won’t typically accept PayPal for that reason. Even if you pay the fees yourself, that 3 or 4% fee comes with the ability to file a complaint and get your money back.

No, PayPal isn’t perfect either, but if you pay the fees on a merchandise transaction you do have methods to get your money back if the seller is a scumbag. If you sent cash via an app or even a bank transfer you’re SOL.

If someone messages you here about someone else’s parts and wants a cash transfer it is a scam, plain and simple.

All wonderful reasons not to use a bank transfer or cash app to buy parts. There is ZERO buyer protection when you do that. Scammers won’t typically accept PayPal for that reason. Even if you pay the fees yourself, that 3 or 4% fee comes with the ability to file a complaint and get your money back.

No, PayPal isn’t perfect either, but if you pay the fees on a merchandise transaction you do have methods to get your money back if the seller is a scumbag. If you sent cash via an app or even a bank transfer you’re SOL.

If someone messages you here about someone else’s parts and wants a cash transfer it is a scam, plain and simple.
Agree 100% I only use PayPal. If the seller starts talking about Zelle or any bank transfers, cash apps, etc. I’m done

This is where it get sketchy..........It goes both ways. I would not sell a valuable item using a transaction that would allow the buyer to tie me up in red tape. That's the reason that I don't typically sell big ticket items unless face to face. I certainly understand the buyers standpoint, as I have been there before..........Yes, definitely not perfect.

This is where it get sketchy..........It goes both ways. I would not sell a valuable item using a transaction that would allow the buyer to tie me up in red tape. That's the reason that I don't typically sell big ticket items unless face to face. I certainly understand the buyers standpoint, as I have been there before..........Yes, definitely not perfect.

If you take good pictures of the item you’re selling, pack it well and take pictures of that, and ship with tracking numbers and insurance you can protect yourself against frivolous claims. PayPal is definitely more centered around protecting the buyer, but if you do some simple things that your pretty much need to do anyway nowadays with any internet sale regardless of payment method they can’t just hang you out to dry as a seller with just bullshit.

I’ve unfortunately had to use the claim process with PayPal as a buyer and also have had a buyer try to use it “against me” as a seller. But because I had documentation on my end to refute the claim I was in the clear. If you’re familiar with the claim process you can protect yourself as a seller as well.

In person sales can go bad too, nothing is perfect.

He doesn’t have any negative feedback. We all need to take advantage of the feedback system or it’s not gonna work.

The wording I see for use of Zelle and similar is that it is for money transfer for people YOU KNOW ALREADY, not strangers or the like. Either way, it's cash, casher's check or similar for myself.

-
Back