Bfg 265-50-15

-

273-Typo

Reaction score
Hi New here. I've been trying to find bfg radial t/a's in 265-50-15 but have had no luck. Tires are about 10 years old with tread left imagine that but nervous about putting to many miles on old tires. I have found Nitto in the size but not sure about them in the rain(if I had to). Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

I wouldn't use them. After 10 years, even in storage, tires lose their structural integrity. They will dry rot and separate if you use them. If not already. I was a tire tech at Bridgestone/Firestone.

I think that size can still be found in a Remington brand, a Delta brand and Cooper. that size has been discontinued by Bf Goodrich for quite some time. Srduster is correct. If one of those tires comes apart at highway speeds it would destroy your quarter panel and possibly cause an accident. A1 Affordable Tires in Pompano,Fl is showing they stock all 3 brands. Good luck.

Ten years is an eternity for a tire. Just to drive home srduster340's point, here's what a 30 year old tire did. Tire sounded like a cannon when it blew. Flopped around like crazy, spitting out rubber. I had black marks on the fender, tire cord wrapped around the fender brace, and it disconnected my fender mounted turn signal. Darn near put skid marks in my shorts, too.

Attachments

• IMG_6533s.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 641
Hey many thanks for the replies. I do know that 10 year old tires are not a good idea but don't go to far or often anymore. I did call A-1 tire in Pompono and he said Hancook makes one in that size but he was hesitant on shipping so I found some locally but I want to see the tread pattern probably have a look tomorrow but will probably only be a photo. I called discount tire direct as I have delt with them in the past and the guy said I was the third caller that day for that size so maybe someone else will be interested in the find. Shocking photo of the 30 year old tire. Many thanks to all.

Ten years is an eternity for a tire. Just to drive home srduster340's point, here's what a 30 year old tire did. Tire sounded like a cannon when it blew. Flopped around like crazy, spitting out rubber. I had black marks on the fender, tire cord wrapped around the fender brace, and it disconnected my fender mounted turn signal. Darn near put skid marks in my shorts, too.
i used to have a 76 cordoba with original spare and it looked great one day i had to use it and got 7 miles and it went kaboom and looked just like that pic

Update: Well a local tire shop did some checking and found Hancook 101T in 265/50/15 for me. They should be in next week tread pattern looked pretty good in the small photo. Anyelse looking fills a 67 Barracuda wheel well nicely on a 15 by 8 Crager rim height is 25.4 section width 10.7.

-
Back