BFGoodrich Radial T/A National Backorder?!

-

71 Duster 440

Quarter Life Crisis
Reaction score
I've been trying to order a set of white letter BFGoodrich Radial T/A tires in 225/60R15 for about four months now. Every local tire shop, tirerack.com, and discounttiredirect.com are all out of stock and cannot even give me an approximate time for when they'll be available again. Its the same story with the sizes 215, 205, and 195 as well. When I ordered my 255's for the back of the car, I had a set in three days. What changed? It's like it's the WWII era and we need the rubber for boots for our boys overseas or something. :banghead: Anyone have any idea what's going on with BFG and/or where I can score a set of these damn tires already? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Chris

I am pretty sure they are not making them anymore and they are coming out with a new tire offering. My 245/60/15" came from Washington state. They had four of them and my local Discount tire ordered all four and kept two of them.

firestone sells the indy 500 in all the sizes... nice letters in white... good prices to... give them a check

My understanding is that BFG isn't making the traditional Radial T/A anymore and that production of that tire is being taken up by Coker Tire.

Wow, that's the first time in months that those have shown in stock. I ordered two immediately. Are you the tire fairy? :D Thanks Michael!

firestone sells the indy 500 in all the sizes... nice letters in white... good prices to... give them a check

Indys are pretty awesome. Those will be my next set of tires for the car.

My understanding is that BFG isn't making the traditional Radial T/A anymore and that production of that tire is being taken up by Coker Tire.

I had a feeling this might be the case. Is it documented anywhere or is it just heresay that is moving through the enthusiast crowd?

Yup thank coker tire for that. I tried selling my new 215/60R14 for $200 a pair and a guy bitched that I was asking retail. I said good luck buying them new.

Well, that's great. Arguably the most popular muscle car tire is going to increase exponentially in price for no real reason.

Yea, when Corky gets his mitts on the molds the prices skyrocket. I just checked the 295/50x15 BFG's and he gets 186 a piece. I bought them just a few months ago for 128 and change mounted, balanced, with a road hazard warranty.

Well, that's great. Arguably the most popular muscle car tire is going to increase exponentially in price for no real reason.

At least someone is still gonna make 'em. It is probably not a huge percentage of BFG's market, which would be why they sold the molds to Corky. Think of what the other option would be.

not the first time these and others have been "out of stock" aggrevates Me also as they are My first choice

I sell tires... there is alot of backordered tires from all brands. That being said my local BFG distributor has 10 in stock. They have 100+ in the company. Find a tire store that buys from TCI they can transfer.

I just bought some BFGS from Coker tire at the portland swap meet. They were 215-65-15's My guess is he is buying them from BFG (and not making them at coker) as the prices are the same at the local tire shops in portland area. If he had the molds the prices would be much higher. Just my thoughts. Regardless they are still way cheaper at coker than here in Canada!! They had most sizes at the swap meet

Bought boths sets of bfgs from summit, 225-60-15 at 270.00 and 255-60-15 were 311.70 with all the shipping

I just ordered 4 bfg's a few weeks ago .. 2- 205/70r14 --- 2 - 255/60r15's from tirerack.com ....... no problem at all ! ... arrived at my door 3 days later !

Last year my local Wally-world was dumping all their BFG because of length of time on the shelves....$25.00 each and they had two 255x60x15.

The actual white letter, size and shape, on the tire categorizes each one of us. Me personally, gotta have the Goodyear Polyglas white letter. If Goodyear would get their #$hit together and make a radial tire with that style letter, they would sell millions. .02

Attachments

• A My Demon 3.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 751
I was told that they were moving their plant to mexico, and wil resume production at some point. I was told this last summer by the Mavis dealer when I bought 8 BFGs for both my cars. They had no problem getting me four 255X60X15s,for my superbird and two 275X60X15s, and two 215X65X15s for my duster. Maybe I was lucky. I just took off my polyglas, F60 X15s, and I'll keep them mounted on another set of rims for going to large mopar shows, but they absolutely suck to drive around on.

clv22p - Thanks for mentioning TCI! I asked and was told that BFG is still making the Radial TA's.

-
Back