Big A$$ Lights????

-

hemicop

Reaction score
Anyone have them? I saw them at SEMA & they seemed pretty nice but at $400 for one it seems a little pricey for a home garage/shop compared to a $40-$80 flouresent light fixture. Anyone have an opinion?

WHAAAAAAAAAAT ????? Do you have a picture of what you're talking about?

Sorry, I don't . But they're the same ones that make "Big A$$ Fans" and have a website. It's an LED set-up that, if their pictures are right, does throw a lot of light out---but $400 worth???:sad5:

I researched them as I am about to put lights in my shop...the consensus over at the garage journal site is they are not worth the dough.I will probably go standard fluorescent for now...I was going to get some fans from them also...but honestly I can't afford, em.

I converted all my standard fluorescent lightbulbs in my garage all over to LED's last year. I got the brightest lumens I could get and they're way brighter, and save's electric. I am still in the process of converting the fluorescent's in my basement over to LED using some of the cheaper LED tube's I see on eBay and so far they're working pretty good too.
I think this way is a cheaper route that worked for me.

I converted all my standard fluorescent lightbulbs in my garage all over to LED's last year. I got the brightest lumens I could get and they're way brighter, and save's electric. I am still in the process of converting the fluorescent's in my basement over to LED using some of the cheaper LED tube's I see on eBay and so far they're working pretty good too.
I think this way is a cheaper route that worked for me.

Hey John, Did you just replace the bulbs with LED and no other changes to fixture? I've got 18 4bulb units in my shop I'd like to convert. Obviously, I won't be paying $400 a piece for Big A$$ units. LOL

Hey John, Did you just replace the bulbs with LED and no other changes to fixture? I've got 18 4bulb units in my shop I'd like to convert. Obviously, I won't be paying $400 a piece for Big A$$ units. LOL

good question, subscribed.

Yeah Mitch, I just switched out the bulbs and didn't have to replace any of the the fixture's. All you need to do is bypass the ballast by cutting the wire's for it and re-wire. Positive to one end of the light and neutral or negative to the other side. It's fairly easy once you get the hang of it.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 349
OK, I just saw the light!!!!!! New to me, not convinced on it though.

Hmmmm,
After reading this gonna get me some led bulbs and convert my fixtures.... Big *** lights are cool but seriously, do we need lights we can drive a 4 wheeler over?

DUH!!!

Last time I checked lights mount on the ceiling not on the floor.

Hmmmm,
After reading this gonna get me some led bulbs and convert my fixtures.... Big *** lights are cool but seriously, do we need lights we can drive a 4 wheeler over?

DUH!!!

Last time I checked lights mount on the ceiling not on the floor.

You can mount them on the floor, drive up on them, and inspect the undercarriage on your 4 wheeler.... That's why they are made so strong..... Duh.... #-o #-o #-o

I look at the cost of replacement bulbs when I put up lights.

These new bulbs can get $$$$.... I have a bathroom fixture with 2 halogens that costs $15 each for the bulbs when they burn out. And they burn out faster than they should.

I'm not comfortable seeing in some of these new LED lights. Maybe I'm just used to the old days of just flourescent and incadescent, but I can't see to read in those lights as easily as the old ones.

My son and I just put together some of those halogen shop lights (on stands) about two months ago, and they are already not lighting.... I have better luck with rough service bulbs in a trouble light.....

Bought an LED light setup for the trouble light about a year and a half back, so far, I'm impressed.

-
Back