Big Block Cooling System Questions

-

gonzomn

Reaction score
Have a few questions on my 69 383 GTS.
The lower radiator hose, is it suppose to rub on the oil filter or is this the wrong hose.
100_2748.jpg

I've tried to look at a few other cars & the overflow hose goes out the passenger side. On this radiator it goes out the drivers side. Is this the wrong radiator?

100_2749.jpg

Need a fan shroud, is Mancini Racing's any good? They say it is high temp. Does it mount to the same bolts as the radiator?

100_2747.jpg

You can't tell, but in the pic below it clears fine.
Is your radiator 2949065?
The rad in the pic below is a 2949065.

DSC05456.jpg

DSC04452.JPG

The overflow hose should go out to the passenger side. Your bottom hose should clear the filter. You should probably try to find one that fits better. As Matthon stated the proper rad # should be 2949065. If the last two digits are 66,67, 0r 68 then the rad is from a small block car. Big block radiators are rare and getting harder to find all the time. The repro shrouds such as Mancini stocks are prone to warpage. If you do buy one make sure in advance that it can be returned for a full refund. I bought one from Year One and they were very good when it came to returning it.

Did a quick check before leaving for the airport. Couldn't find any numbers on top tank. Any ideas or anybody got a big block radiator & shroud?

Thanks,

Scott

The bottom connection on the big block 22" A-body radiator is all the way over to the far left which is just enough to clear the oil filter.

-
Back