Big block duster pain in the A$$

-
That's a myth. There is no 'dropped centerlink' after 67. The same link was used from 67-72 and 73-76 whether the car was a slant 6 or a v8 car. The only v8 drop centerlinks were used in early A's.

Keep sayin it. They will keep ignorin it.

I did the oil pump mod on my 6 K frame before hand. Even fit the K frame to the motor while it was on the engine stand to make sure it all fit before dropping it into the car.
Im dropping a 383 in A 73 duster with the shumacher mounts n s6 k, i have never heard of the oil pump mod can you explain what should be done? Thanx

The K member has to be cut and notched for the oil pump to clear. Th instructions come with the mounts.

K-member for Hooshpuppy's (Dan's) 70 Duster. Modified to go in with a 383 on Schmucher
mounts. Don't ask me specifically what the mod for the oil pump clearance was because
it has been too long ago (about 3 years). The car was originally a /6 but I don't know if
that's the K-member he used. These pics were taken at HDK. PM Dan for more details.

Dans383089_zps8f0e182c.jpg

Dans383074_zpsce97f9cc.jpg

Last edited:
I used the standard volume oil pump on my build as well. the high volume pump requires a deeper notch. Make sure you get a torque strap after this mod as there isnt much meat left.

14wc13r.jpg

2ib2j68.jpg

-
Back