Big block, early a transmission mount

-
Are there two holes in the crossmember for those two studs on the old mount? Mine only has one. Maybe the second stud on the old one was holding it up.

I'd bolt up the new one and see where it sits. That's a two minute job.

Are there two holes in the crossmember for those two studs on the old mount? Mine only has one. Maybe the second stud on the old one was holding it up.

I'd bolt up the new one and see where it sits. That's a two minute job.
Its none of that, just the rubber mount too tall. The new one made it worse. Thanks for the help and pics.

Where did you buy the new one and what was the part number? Is it the right one?? Something's not adding up here.
It’s a cheap one from O’Reilly. Number on part matches what it’s supposed to be. (B2272) Application according to their website is correct, (it covers about every a,b,c,e body from 63-72). I ordered it for my make model engine. I have to be missing something, problem is, the pic you took shows me something is different within the rubber mount. Next step is removing that rubber above tail shaft and see what it looks like.

I have this one. It has rubber checking but the rubber is still good. About 3" tall in the middle.
TRANS MOUNT.JPG

-
Back